1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Sony Psp

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by FordGuy, May 22, 2008.

1. FordGuy

FordGuy Empty Pockets

Anyone have one of these? I do and its great for games! just wondering if anyone has one, and might know of good accessories/mods for it.

2. FordGuy

FordGuy Empty Pockets

I cant believe no one has a psp on here :shrug:

3. David.s

David.s Loaded Pockets

I got one the day of release in the uk, had it for a few weeks then got bored with it because of the lack of games it had.
    sold it to a guy in work, kinda wish i hadnt now.

4. Hank0331

Hank0331 Loaded Pockets

I've got one but don't use it much lately. It's great for traveling or when aboard ship with nothing to do, but aside from that I've usually got other things to occupy my time. About a year ago, I got mine modded to be able to load and read games from the memory card. There are places you can get the software and instructions to do it yourself, but I had a buddy do it for $25. Just Google PSP mods or PSP hacks and you'll find all kinds of stuff.

5. copierguy_mobile

copierguy_mobile Loaded Pockets

I love my PSP! :smitten:

I've had it for almost a year and still use it alot (I'm a service tech, it's great for those days when you're stuck somewhere waiting on a delivery or have downtime for some reason).

I play SOCOM Fire Team Bravo 2 till my thumbs hurt sometimes, That game has been around for quite a while but there is still a very active online player community. It's not uncommon to find 10-12K players online at one time.

God of War just came out and was truly epic, best looking game on the PSP by a mile.

Tiger Woods Golf (I think I'm playing the 07 version) is fun and a great way to kill time.

Get the Media Manager software and a 4-8 gig Memory Stick Pro Duo and you can download and watch movies on it too (of course... depending on where you download those movies from, that may not be completly legal).

-Greg

6. Red Horn

Red Horn Loaded Pockets

Pocket Song Player?

7. FordGuy

FordGuy Empty Pockets

No The psp stand for playstation portable.

8. clutchUSMC

clutchUSMC Empty Pockets

ive got one, god of war is awesome, and its good for road trips and airports etc. besides you can watch movies on it.

9. stockae92

stockae92 Loaded Pockets

i don't have one, i have a NDS instead

i think PSP's graphic is fantastic for a portable, but NDS is smaller, has better battery life, and the stylus just add more control option

(btw, i am hooked on Ninja Gidien DS Dragon Blade, i can slash with my stylus :) )

10. carrot

carrot Loaded Pockets

I have both. I prefer the NDS, but my PSP gets all the racing action with Ridge Racer. That game is *awesome.*

11. stockae92

stockae92 Loaded Pockets

oh yes, NDS's racing game pretty much blows

except for mario kart! :D which was fantastic!

12. Jedi Knife

Jedi Knife Loaded Pockets

I too have had my PSP since launch day and it is truly a marvel. I also love Socom FireTeam Bravo 2. What an incredible little game. If only the Tactical Strike was nearly as good... oh well maybe when SOCOM Confrontation comes out for the PS3 they will release another SOCOM for the PSP.
    By the way I just bought a PS3 which I've been saving up for forever, which offers some more versatility for the PSP, but I've got some learning to do about that. Maybe for another topic.

13. Solscud007

Solscud007 Empty Pockets

There are some decent accessories for the PSP. The PSP Camera is a neat little add on. as well as the GPS antennae. I have both.

Also, if you can find one as they are sold out, the TAD Gear PSP POD is the BEST psp holder. well it depends on your needs. but I have a LOT of molle gear and being able to attach my PSP POD to any of Molle vests or packs is a nice feature.

14. lostwire

lostwire Empty Pockets

I've heard alot of great things in terms of homebrew work on the DS.
    I've been considering picking one up to pass the time at work during the night shift.

What does everyone think?
    PSP or DS?

15. Rpuppet
    • In Omnia Paratus

Rpuppet Loaded Pockets

I love my PSP. I just had mine modded. I no longer need to carry UMDs. I can transfer my existing games, my old psx games, movies, photos, and music to memory stick. It also plays games from just about every game system prior to 2001, (though there are some legal issues with downloading ROMs that you don't own). It does everything it did before and more. The battery lasts longer too.

16. Domanfp

Domanfp Loaded Pockets

im gonna have to look into all this modding of the PSP, is it that hard to do??

17. Renoutside

Renoutside Empty Pockets

I LOVE my PSP! It's great on any boring camp outs, stuck in the airport, etc.

I was hoping to find a decent version of the media manager for less than what they official PSP one runs.
    I'd love to get a bigger card as well to allow me to travel without my movie and game discs.

18. Rpuppet
    • In Omnia Paratus

Rpuppet Loaded Pockets

Everything I read about the modding didn't look difficult, but it required an additional PSP, a Pandora battery (about $10) and a little effort. I went the quick and easy route. I payed $20 to have it done. If you search craigslist for PSP modding you'll find a couple of posts from people nearby offering to mod and unbrick PSPs for cheap. For an extra memory card DealExtreme sells an aftermarket 8gb for $30, (load time is about twice as long as an original). You can find a Sony original 4gb for about $50. On a 4gb card I can fit 4 PSP and PSX games as well as about 70 games and emulators from older systems. A movie thats been compressed takes almost 1gb, (Fight Club takes 750mb).

19. Domanfp

Domanfp Loaded Pockets

I actually have two spare 4gb cards so I could def. throw some movies on one and games on the other.

Is it possible to still play UMD games after modding?

20. Rpuppet
    • In Omnia Paratus

Rpuppet Loaded Pockets

Is it possible to still play UMD games after modding?

Yes. I have all the same functionality plus more. I have not tried the camera or the gps, (and have no plans to do so), but I've been told that they still will work as well.