1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Sometimes the simplest things are the hardest to find

Discussion in 'Where, When, & How Do We Carry All This Stuff?' started by mercop, Oct 4, 2009.

1. mercop

mercop Empty Pockets

In the age of MOLLE it is hard to find small, sturdy, well built pouches that are not adorned with MOLLE or covered in velcro. I have several of these
    Eagle Industries Shaving Kit pouch. They make great Blow Out/FAK pouches. They are great for subloading. Anyone else know of anything else out there like it?- George

2. Flight-ER-Doc

Flight-ER-Doc Loaded Pockets

Pencil pouches from Wal Mart....available in different colors, cheap, durable enough.

3. mercop

mercop Empty Pockets

They either seem to be tubular or flat. Almost like they were made for pencils or something

4. Demolition Dan

Demolition Dan Loaded Pockets

Ahahahaha :laugh:

For some reason I feel that one is gonna have me smiling all day.

5. Akilae

Akilae Loaded Pockets

You're looking in the wrong places. Try Tom Bihn.

6. Flight-ER-Doc

My wife also suggests makeup pouches

7. max6166

max6166 Loaded Pockets

Actually, a lot of the newer pencil cases are similar in shape to the pouch you posted. And they do have them at Walmart. :p

8. mrsean2k

mrsean2k Empty Pockets

Joking aside, pencil cases are an underused source of storage. There seem to be an almost infinite variety of them, umpteen options for organisation with different combinations of compartments, pockets, slots etc. , size, materials etc. They often seen to be a bit overbuilt for stylistic reasons which is all good news, and they're usually very cheap.

9. Synaptic Misfire
    • In Omnia Paratus

Synaptic Misfire Loaded Pockets

George,

I use small flat zippered pouches by Workforce from Home Depot, they are like 3 sizes for $4. Also the little zippered travel kit bags from Target are like a $1 each and I have several of those. Both work perfectly for BOKs and subloads.

10. eme714

eme714 Loaded Pockets

If you look in the toiletries section at target, they have one side of an whole aisle dedicated to travel sized items. Usually they range in price from $.68 to about $2 dollars. Wet ones, tylenol, advil, hand sanitizer, toothpaste, etc. They have small pencil/makeup pouches there to. Wal mart also carries wet ones individual packets in a pack of 24 for about 2.50 where i live.

You should also try the fishing section of a sporting goods/wal mart. There are individual plastic boxes that secure tightly and are watertight. Not as good as pelican cases but a fraction of the cost.

11. IROCKID

IROCKID Loaded Pockets

And you can get them with "Hello Kitty" and "Barbie" on them...... :lolhammer:

12. mrsean2k

mrsean2k Empty Pockets

lol, I have to admit, some of the hello kitty ones are great if you can stand the, erm, bold colour choice and design.

I couldn't stand the thought of having to show them at the airport, so i have one that's black neoprene and one that's like a small cordura Dopp bag with a working compass sewn into the corner.

A real mans pencil case.

13. Flight-ER-Doc

Hah! Real men don't care what others think about their hello kitty pouches...

14. tradja

tradja Loaded Pockets

:iagree: +2 for the Tom Bihn. Specifically for a shaving kit, look at this. For pouches generally, he has a lot of neat items.

Made in Seattle, too. :thumbsup:

15. mercop

mercop Empty Pockets

I would also most likely set off an Amber Alert;)

16. Buckaroomedic

Buckaroomedic Loaded Pockets

Have you looked at some of the pull-outs that Kifaru makes?

Kifaru Pull-outs

I use some for the same thing you were asking about.

Take care,

17. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

These Target pouches ae sort of shaped like the MaxPed Cocoon and come in nice earth tones. Some one posted some ideas somewhere here...

Edit to add: Here's a link to Mecha04's post about the bags.

Also a great idea, but personally I find them to be to "cubey" to be highly practical. I find flatter containers to be more useful. I guess it just depends on what you wnat them for.

Not to be overlooked are the heavy nylon pouches found in the automotive department at Walmart. They'll be hanging on a little display thing somewhere in automotive. They are heavy nylon with a heavy zipper and I've seen them in tan or dark green. I use them to organize my wrenches and other tools in the tool bag I keep in my Jeep.