1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Some of you are getting forum emails you should not be getting (subscription emails)

Discussion in 'MEMBER RULES, GUIDELINES & ANNOUNCEMENTS' started by JonSidneyB, Jul 4, 2010.

1. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

I was just informed that someone got a message about paid subscriptions. I was not aware the forum was doing this. It seems this message is not coming from the area that function is set up.

The answers I have found on this so far would shut off all outgoing mail from the forum like registrations. I am trying to find where this message is originating from do I can get it turned off or at least change the text in it.

2. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

vBulletin has told me that I cannot stop the emails unless I stop all messages and emails. Well that will not work.

Some of you will be getting emails you should not be getting until I get this figured out. I know this can be done even if vB says it can't.

3. Boy SureFire

Boy SureFire May The Bridges I Burn Light The Way

I have my account set to receive e-mail from members/staff (no v-card though), but I haven't gotten any mail about paid subscriptions...

4. Belush2
    • In Omnia Paratus

Belush2 EDC Junkie!!!!!

Boy Surefire and others please don't fret just yet...

If you are not a proud "Supporter Badge" owner...you will not be getting this reminder e-mail...

I'm pretty sure this in reference to the active members whom pledge a contribution to this wonderful forum!!

As we all know Jon does not like any forced membership fees or asking for donations.

This is the e-mail I received recently...

Dear Belush2,

Your access to the paid subscription "+4 Supporter" is about to expire.

I consider this a kindly reminder that it is time for me to make a contribution to one of my favorite causes, (other than my new flashlight or knife fund)

I think it's kinda sad when I look on the Forum page and check out the Currently Active Users online and notice that not that many names are in color. Meaning I see a lot of active members whom make their contibutions by posting very informative and interesting items and issues, or offer great treasures for sale, or post nice pictures and videos....isn't this forum awesome!!!

But I think it is sad seeing that many people may have neglected or forgotten to remember just what it takes to keep this forum up and running. All Jon does is try to make this forum better for all of us...and he works very long and hard at it!!

So...What color is your name??

$5.00 a quarter = $20.00 a year....I think it's the least I can do...and it's so easy...Just click on the Support EDCF button on the top of any page!!

Yes, I'm currently out of work right now (have been too long) but, "I pledge to keep an active Supporter Badge year round!!!"

How about you?

+1 Badge Transaction ID: 3LT73677S6336021K