1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Some folks just don't get it.

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by xtrajack, Mar 1, 2012.

1. B_H_

B_H_ Loaded Pockets

i was wondering how many people would take me seriously... :) i figured a lot would. DEUTSCHLAND!!!

Fukurai likes this.
  2. xtrajack

xtrajack Loaded Pockets

It wouldn't hurt my feelings if they felt the same way about the U.S. Unfortunately, there would be severe repercussions if they did. There is no place other than the Evil Empire around here to get household goods.

3. kertap75

kertap75 EDC Junkie!!!!!

i took it seriously until i looked to the left to see who posted it lol

B_H_ likes this.
  4. mrlysle

mrlysle Loaded Pockets

Personally, I think you're all nuts. It's just rediculous. All this talk about EDC and stuff. And all the stuff you folks carry! I don't get it. I'm perfectly fine with just a few things, like my Leatherman with tons of extra bits, at least a couple knives not including my MT blades, a flashlight or 3 or 4, my Ti Embassy pen and a small notepad, and not to forget my Maxpedition Sitka gearslinger with some more flashlights, extra batteries, paracord, water purification tablets, carabiners, firesteel, tinder, S&W M&P 40, extra mags, etc, etc, ......................... What do you folks need all that crap for? :D

Aleister, B_H_, Gryffin and 2 others like this.
  5. Fukurai
    • In Omnia Paratus

Fukurai EDC Junkie!!!!!

Do I hear some sarcasm? :eek:

mrlysle likes this.
  6. tinker gnome
    • In Omnia Paratus

tinker gnome Loaded Pockets

Now that's what I call a rhetorical question :rofl:

Oh, and you forgot the FAK, err no, that surely must be the second etc. :blink:

You should make up your mind. Do you mean "ridiculous" or perhaps "readiculous"?

mrlysle likes this.
  7. Gryffin
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gryffin Loaded Pockets

Obviously, he meant "redonkulous."

mrlysle likes this.
  8. tinker gnome
    • In Omnia Paratus

Might be. That refers to a "red ankle", possibly strained by carrying too heavy EDC gear :eek:

Fukurai and mrlysle like this.
  9. kd7dvd
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

kd7dvd EDC Junkie!!!!!

Speaking of which, does anyone have a pointer to a handout, brochure, flyer, etc., that I can hand my boss that extols the virtues of carrying a knife for its utility properties? It's not that I don't think I can explain it, but a lovely brochure would convince him that I'm not pulling it all out of my :censored:, and that I'm not the only crazy freak walking the streets.

Amazing what some glossy paper can accomplish . . .

kertap75 and mrlysle like this.
  10. CatherineM
    • In Omnia Paratus

CatherineM Loaded Pockets

FEMA has lots of brochures about stuff. When I think about reasons to EDC, I still remember Hurricane Wilma, and Jeb Bush giving a press conference. People had been complaining that the state hadn't been prepared to do relief efforts, and Jeb reminded everyone that we were supposed to be prepared to take care of ourselves for three days during hurricane season. People were standing in line for water and ice an hour after the all clear signal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kd7dvd and mrlysle like this.
  11. tinker gnome
    • In Omnia Paratus

Not a brochure, but ... does your boss have a PC? Silly question - sure he has. Show him this site, and then the "Education" section; rather enough stuff to read ... ;)

kd7dvd likes this.
  12. mrlysle

mrlysle Loaded Pockets

Hey! That's awesome! Learned something new again today! Nice website! Thanks for posting that tinker! ;)

13. tinker gnome
    • In Omnia Paratus

You're most welcome!

14. medic2807

medic2807 Loaded Pockets

That is ironic. One of our nurses who was coming on this morning in the ER questioned what I carried in my Maxpedtion Mongo, a pretty benign looking bag, I might add. As she was asking, she was stowing a Coach purse half again as big as the Mongo, a huge messenger bag, her lunch bag, and was carrying her shoes. My nurse on nights is a good friend of mine and knows the contents of my Bag of Evil, and noted the irony in the other nurse's query before I could. I've actually turned the night nurse into an EDCer. She uses it all the time and can't figure out how she got by before. I'm trying to get her to join EDCF.

SAKplumber likes this.
  15. kd7dvd
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

kd7dvd EDC Junkie!!!!!

Many thanks, Catherine, Tinker. Good stuff! :)

16. CatherineM
    • In Omnia Paratus

CatherineM Loaded Pockets

Now that I think about it, the Boy Scouts have a little booklet about knives that they give the Cubs when they are working on their tote'n chip. That's their "license" to carry and use a knife at Scouting stuff. I'll bet it says something about how useful knives can be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SAKplumber, kd7dvd and kertap75 like this.
  17. Kombi

Kombi Loaded Pockets

I've been out of scouting for quite some time, but I recall the key to the totin' chip was that carrying was a privilege that could be lost through misuse. It didn't prevent boys from being boys, but the social stigma from losing a corner had a powerful effect.

I think I learned a lot more respect and responsibility that way than I might have if carrying was a right.

SAKplumber likes this.
  18. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

Lets not forget the Fireman's Chit!

19. kursac

kursac Loaded Pockets

Hey guys I agree that EDC has always been around, I grew up on a farm and I remember my Dad doing an EDC dump out of his overalls one day over my grandmothers house at some event. It was kind of funny and I remember it clearly because of all the stuff he carried and that was in the 60s. It has a nice title now and bags created specifically for the task, the tactical overtone I think is what sets it apart. I will never understand the torch thing with people and have never experienced any negative feed back from that. I do think it is regional though. I live in a pretty liberal state and it is split 50/50 on the gun thing not counting the underground fans and knives have never been an issue. I do get a little ribbing on my fanny pack but most people don't know it has a 45 in it. I don't think the average person thinks tactical when they see my gear but with the exception of my cargo shorts I don't do the camo thing,they are pretty normal around here. I think there is a concern for the tinfoil peppers waiting for the world to end is what freaks people out. Prepping is a good thing for everyone but perspective is also very important regardless of what you believe.

20. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets