1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

SOG

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by Gerry.GEG, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Gerry.GEG

Gerry.GEG Empty Pockets

I own many leathermans. I really enjoy the smoothness of this SOG. Very good quality also.
    [​IMG]

Moco, RAMBOCAT and Retired Army like this.
  2. Vinjints

Vinjints Loaded Pockets

Sog's are great. I have zero complaints from any of my current SOG multi's aside from the wait to get more pieces that are backordered.

3. Evil D

Evil D Loaded Pockets

I had zero complaints until a few days ago I snapped the file off while doing the most gentile mundane task. I barely pressed on it at all and it snapped. I've also barely used the file on this thing so I know it wasn't fatigued. It's a fine tool to use around the house but I won't carry one on my hip (aside from this breakage, the thing weighs 10oz).

4. SuperDavid

SuperDavid Empty Pockets

I like being able to use one hand to open and close the pliers on my SOG!

5. IHateBottleOpeners

IHateBottleOpeners EDC Junkie!!!!!

What the... Are you saying you miss something?

6. Sabreslight

Sabreslight Empty Pockets

I've carried a older powerlock for the past 4 years and i'd love it more if the tip of the pliers head didn't break off all the time...but they do have great customer support and every time send me new ones :)

7. thatotherguy

thatotherguy EDC Junkie!!!!!

I've got a Pocket PowerPlier in my bag that I'm quite fond of. I took the blade out and replaced it with washers a while ago. The idea was that I almost always have a dedicated knife anyways, so that slot could be better used by something else (like a dedicated flathead screwdriver), but I never got around to ordering the new part.
    Anyway, I like the compound leverage, the fine plier tips and the form factor a lot. It works well in the pocket.

ETA: I wish I had sprung for the leather sheath... I like the nylon one but I abhor Velcro.

8. badclown

badclown Loaded Pockets

I just got this older PowerPlier. It's nice tool for sure. Took it apart to give it a bath last night.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I've got PowerLock 2.0 and a Blacktip but I gotta say this older model inspires a bit more confidence in the plier head and the individual tools.

9. GearGuy69

GearGuy69 Loaded Pockets

I've seen a nice sog paratool on sale near me but i don't know if i should get it or not?

10. EvergreenHills

EvergreenHills Empty Pockets

The older SOGs are the way to go. One-handed opening, like a butterfly knife. Way more functional than most Leathermans, in my opinion.

11. Moco

Moco Loaded Pockets

i think my next MT is going to be a sog the compound leverage seems like something i would use alot