1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

SOG Multi tools? ? ? ? ?

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by mtn_guy_79, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Dr. Bahn

Dr. Bahn Loaded Pockets

Does the hooked blade fit into the Paratool? I asked SOG about that a year ago and the told me that it wouldn´t fit. Same with the V-Cutter... :shrug:

2. parawolfe

parawolfe Empty Pockets

This is the hook blade I have installed in my Paratool. It fits with no problems. I haven't tried a V-Cutter though. I have two long tools on each side. Hook and serrated blade on one side. Straight blade and saw on the other side. The pliers head clears with no problems. The saw tip slightly catches on the very tip when opening it but it is still easily deploy able.

[​IMG]

3. Dr. Bahn

Dr. Bahn Loaded Pockets

Thank you for the info!! Nice setup you got there. O0 I prefer the hook blade over the V-Cutter anyway...

4. parawolfe

parawolfe Empty Pockets

Thanks. I agree, the hook is more versatile than the V-Cutter. Since the hook is also a serrated blade, I've been thinking of replacing the serrated blade on my Paratool with scissors. I also like the wire strippers. If they don't fit I can always mod my PowerLock. Does SOG still sell the hook? I didn't notice it listed under the "Multi-Tool Components".

5. Dr. Bahn

Dr. Bahn Loaded Pockets

Seems like they don´t produce them anymore but they are still listed on the german Böker homepage. I will send them an email tomorrow and ask about it.

6. parawolfe

parawolfe Empty Pockets

Gook luck, I hope you can get one. I'm surprised SOG quite selling them. It's a handy tool and dual use too.

7. Dr. Bahn

Dr. Bahn Loaded Pockets

Thank you! Maybe I will also buy an uncoated Paratool, remove the Philips screwdriver, can opener and bottle opener if needed and add a saw, hook blade and 1/4" drive. Not sure if scissors will fit because they are not listed for the Paratool on the SOG homepage.

8. parawolfe

parawolfe Empty Pockets

Yeah, I'm not sure the scissors or wire strippers will fit either but they fit the PowerLock so if they don't I can always put them on it. That is what I love about SOG MT's though, they are easy to mod.

9. steelstr45

steelstr45 Loaded Pockets

I've had my PowerAssist for a few months now. I have to say, it's become one of my favorite multitools. I don't know why. The way the pliers feel alone is enough.

The tools on the other hand are not as nice as my Wave. I replaced my V-Cutter with scissors, and they are actually the worst scissors I have ever used on any multitool. I had to use duct tape to make some padding for the scissor handle, just so it would stop digging into me. Also, the "spring" keeps popping out when I cut with it. I have to stop cutting and pop it back in. And THEN, they aren't even sharp. I can barely cut my finger nails with them.

So for pliers, and feel, nothing beats an SOG, but you sacrifice tool quality.