1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Socom Elite Signature Series

Discussion in 'Knives' started by The Last Crow On The Wire, Jun 8, 2018.

1. The Last Crow On The Wire

The Last Crow On The Wire Loaded Pockets

I've got this on the way:

https://www.knifecenter.com/item/MT1601DLCSS

I wanted a regular satin drop point but the bronze hardware got me. I'm unsure about this versions grind but figure if I end up not digging it I can flip it for a profit since they are soooooo hard to come by, especially in this config...

Any thoughts on these?

2. The Last Crow On The Wire

3. Mikhail Weiss

Mikhail Weiss Loaded Pockets

I'll be the first cricket to chirp. :)

Looks like an interesting piece. I have no experience with the brand or the steel, but I've read about them for years. Should be great fun. I especially like four-inch blades and drop/spear points. How thick is the blade? At what angle is it sharpened? How thick is the blade behind the edge? I also like slicey blades...

4. The Last Crow On The Wire

Mine is .19 stock but it's fully tapered with a unsharpened swedge

5. Mikhail Weiss

Mikhail Weiss Loaded Pockets

Wow. That .19 sounds thick. Somewhere around here I have a Stedemon ZKC-BP02 that's .15 inches thick. The blade width is about an inch, which doesn't give the flat grind a lot of room to thin out between the edge and the very high saber grind. The cutting edge is also fairly steep, which makes it not a swell slicer. On the other hand, I have a CRKT Batum, large, that is way thicker stock, but since the blade is a lot wider, and the cutting edge ground thinner, it slices amazingly well. I wouldn't expect it to take a beating like the Stedemon's edge, though. I suspect the Microtech must similarly be designed to take a thrashing. Meanwhile, the linked picture seems to show the Microtech being sharpened atop the blade, near the tip. Is that so?

6. The Last Crow On The Wire

Yes they thin out both the edge and the top with a Swedge and they just kiss it with a sharpening wheel on top of the edge not really sharpening it but removing the blued gun metal type finish making it look sharper than it truly is- it really is a fun piece but it hasn't knocked any other blades from the rotation... today a zt0393