1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

SoCal Meet 'n Greet: August 18 @ Plaza Cutlery

Discussion in 'Trade Shows & EDCF Gatherings' started by mooshi, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Belush2
    • In Omnia Paratus

Belush2 EDC Junkie!!!!!

It was a great turnout for the So Cal EDCF get together today.
    Participants were:
    Belush2
    brix
    defuse kit
    Mooshisho
    Rsxtacee
    tower
    and Camo
    Fun was had by all!!
    Rsxtacee and I rendezvoused with tower and Camo early so we could load up his
    new Corvette Red scooter. BTW - Camo is just so cute and his fur is so soft. He got plenty of attention from all of us and others too.
    We then went to the South Coast Plaza to meet with the others at the newly remodeled Plaza Cutlery. The people there are very nice, and eager to answer any and all questions related to sharp things. They were a pleasure to deal with, but they are still out of the Griptilian Dog Paw blades :(
    brix and tower gave us a little show and tell of some their sharps.
    moosh gave tower his birthday shirt. She did a great job on it!
    BTW...it is true what tower has said about moosh...if you ever thought that she was cute, and adorable...she is a +10 on those qualities...she is a true pleasure to be around.
    We then left to go to the Cross Roads of the West Gun Show at the Orange County Fairgrounds.
    Typical good stuff to be had at the show...except we stopped by the booth that defuse kit would usually be working at...called Protective Angel, Inc.
    I picked up a Geigerrig 3L Hydration Engine and filter – nice setup, and price.
    After the gun show we (except for Rsxtacee who had to leave) went and had lunch at a Vietnamese restaurant. That was very good eats with enjoyable company. Thanks again tower.
    I had a real great time meeting up and spending time with everyone who showed.
    It was well worth the wait for this get together.
    Looking forward to keeping in touch and hopefully seeing you all again at the Knife Show in October, if not sooner.:happy:

2. mooshi
    • In Omnia Paratus

mooshi Loaded Pockets

My turn to review the day! :p

I met up with the guys at Plaza Cutlery. This was my first time meeting anybody from EDCF in person, but I recognized Tower from his picture from a previous meet up that he'd attended. I immediately called out his name as soon as I'd stepped into the store. Tower then delivered a couple hugs on behalf of the other EDCF family. :p Before I looked at anything else, I played with Camo! He's super soft and sweet.

We looked at some pretty gnarly knives at Plaza. I didn't pick up anything while I was there the first time around. When we were done shopping there, we all headed out for some show and tell. I was amazed at all the knives that everyone had. Tower presented me with a silver SRM710! The first one had so many memories, I'm sure this one will too. :) I then presented Tower with his birthday shirt. :)

We split up into our cars and headed off to the gun show after. On our way to the parking lot, Defuse and I detoured into Puzzle Zoo, where I checked out some toys. :p At the gun show, I got to look at a bunch of cool knives. Meeting up with Protective Angel was awesome! Dang. Their canned food stuff is pretty good. :) And those Datrex bars! Om nom nom! I've gotta get me some of those to stash in the car. There were a couple of vendors that sold money. :) I got a $1.00 bill with the blue seal (1957) since I do like to collect money. This complements my red seal (1953) $2.00 bill nicely. ;)

We didn't spend too much time there, as by then, it was time for a late lunch. We headed out to Thuan Kieu for some Vietnamese eatin'. I think everybody enjoyed their food. :) I know I did! hahaha :p Over this late lunch, we just chatted and got to know each other a little better.

After lunch, we all parted and headed out own ways. Defuse and I ended up going back to the gun show to help out at the booth. I get to help out there tomorrow! We also went back to Plaza, as there was some time to kill. Throughout the car ride, Defuse finally persuaded me to get the Spyderco Bug and basic Casio watch that I've been wanting for the past 6 months or so. We went back to the mall and I got to purchase my Bug as well as try out the Maxpedition Typhoon. I like it a lot! It's like a stubby Falcon II! :p I also like the Condor Compact that Defuse had picked up. I may very well (sooner than later) pick one of those up as well for my outings when I'm taking the little niece around, since it won't be subjected to any rough use (the Fatboy can't handle the "niece" loadout). We also stopped into the Lego store and Puzzle Zoo to look at more toys. :p

That was pretty much my day. As soon as I came home, I sat down for the Subway sandwich and some Shock Top when my friend invited me out for a stroll around the neighborhood. Now I'm back and headed to sleep. :p

Good night! See everyone again soon. :)

3. ATF

ATF Loaded Pockets

4. Belush2
    • In Omnia Paratus

Belush2 EDC Junkie!!!!!

:yellowcarded: Agreed
    :redcarded:

SAKplumber and ATF like this.
  5. ATF

ATF Loaded Pockets

6. balrog

balrog Loaded Pockets

Would someone attach a username to the faces in the group pic please?

7. Belush2
    • In Omnia Paratus

Belush2 EDC Junkie!!!!!

Sure...

From Left to Right​
    mooshisho, Belush2, defuse kit (kneeling), tower, and brix​
    Picture being taken by Rsxtacee​

8. AK Adventurer

AK Adventurer Ice, Ice, Tigre

Dang, that sounds like it was fun! Y'all are sooo lucky to be so close to other forumites...

*Insert wolf whistle here* :D :)

SAKplumber likes this.
  9. tower
    • In Omnia Paratus

tower Loaded Pockets

You're right, AK A, we really are lucky.

No, we really don't. ATF, fair warning, if you act like a douche and don't care if you ruffle feathers, you should probably save your time and money and not come visit. This was a very intimate, thoughtful group and such bad behavior would be most unwelcome. Get it together, man!

AK Adventurer, Belush2 and Azwaiian like this.
  10. kertap75

kertap75 EDC Junkie!!!!!

Looks like you all had fun. I need to convert more EDCers in my area

SAKplumber likes this.
  11. Fabregas485
    • In Omnia Paratus

Fabregas485 Loaded Pockets

Great reviews of the day

12. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

Looking forward to more pics! But, yeah, they had all that fun without us:( I know we all wish we coulda been there! Thanks for the reveiws and the pics!

13. TECENG
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer
    • In Omnia Paratus

TECENG Loaded Pockets

Aww man, now I wish the Nor Cal group could figure out a way to schedule a GTG. Looks like you all had a great time.

14. billybag
    • In Omnia Paratus

billybag Loaded Pockets

Dang.
    Sounds like it was great.
    Still trying for a Pennsylvania gtg.
    Now I want it even more.

Glad all had a good time.

15. Azwaiian
    • In Omnia Paratus

Azwaiian Loaded Pockets

Looks like a good time was had by all who attended. It's really cool to see Forum Members getting together and enjoying the day with each other. Wish I could've been there!

16. ATF

ATF Loaded Pockets

Jeezis people, I was kidding! I guess it doesn't show through text.

I apologize.

17. tower
    • In Omnia Paratus

tower Loaded Pockets

In that case, apology accepted and looking forward to seeing you in October.

18. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

Haha. I figured you'd translate much better in person:)

19. ATF

ATF Loaded Pockets

Thank you, see ya then.
    I've said it before but I want to make it clear again: I have a weird sense of humor and it seems to shine through in text format. So if I've ever offended anyone I sincerely apologize.

20. tower
    • In Omnia Paratus

tower Loaded Pockets

So getting back on topic, Brix (who has opinions of California gun laws similar to my own) gave me this Ultra-Groovy "Republik of Kalifornistan" patch.

[​IMG]

Rsxtacee, thank you for all of your awesome photos!

Last edited by tower, Aug 19, 2012
    brix, Rsxtacee, mooshisho and 2 others like this.