1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

So who will be using Maxpeds' Active Shooter bags as an EDC bag?

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by KDOG08, Jul 7, 2009.

1. Bushman5

Bushman5 Loaded Pockets

aw now thats just being cruel! :shocked: :laugh: ;D ;D :)

2. nbmaine2007

nbmaine2007 Loaded Pockets

Saw a review on Youtube. I think it would have to come down in price some before I'd consider one. I'm not sure I could justify paying 3x or so what you could get something like the http://countycomm.com/minebag.htm. I think it's a better bag, but really both are simple bags. It's not quite like comparing the Maxpedtion Operator and the Countycomm BOB, which I did and in the end opted for the Operator. In that case you have so many more external pouches and a larger bag that I think maybe the difference in quality is more glaring. Maybe I'm wrong. I'll be interested to see how others use it before I decide for sure. I'm quite sure it would be too small for my desired use anyway.

3. knestle

knestle Banned

[img width=640 height=480]http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt277/knestle_photos/P1040205.jpg[/img]

[img width=640 height=480]http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt277/knestle_photos/P1040209.jpg[/img]

[img width=640 height=480]http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt277/knestle_photos/P1040207.jpg[/img]

4. knestle

knestle Banned

I didn't have any plan for using the belt, so I chopped it up and used the material to make a carrying handle.

Since I hadn't planned on using the belt I never thought about the belt tunnel being placed too low on the bag.
    If one were to follow the advice posted in another thread here, wearing the bag at the hip would put the belt way low on the hips, rather than close to the waist where I would think you would want it.
    To get the belt near your waist you would have to wear the bag very high, almost under the arm for shorter people.
    I HAVE seen women carry purses this way, but I don't think many men want to adopt this style. :)

5. Bushman5

Bushman5 Loaded Pockets

:roof: thanks for pics!

6. jfirebalrog

jfirebalrog Empty Pockets

I have a county comm bag and it is a good bag but it's shape is the turn off for me.It always seems to sag if you don't have it packed to the gills. The quality of the active shooter is much better.it also has a much better lay out for organization with velcro pouches.If the quality of the lapg ammo bag was better it would offer some of the same capability but still not have as much mounting space as the active shooter.

7. Nyyrikki

Nyyrikki Empty Pockets

I use a PALS Front Version as an EDC Bag since a few days and I'm very happy about!

8. aleelee

aleelee Empty Pockets

I'm a long time lurker, but this is my first post. I just want to comment on this bag.

I have had a bag very similar to this one for over a year now. I have carried it pretty much every single day. It is the longest I have ever carried a purse. (My DH always laughs when I call it my purse). I saw Eggroll's take out bag, and wanted a bag similar to that with a few mods. My DH emailed Eggroll and what he came up with was a bag that looks a lot like the Active Shooter Bag, without the front PALS. I LOVE this bag. I carry a Tactical Tailor E&E pouch in the main compartment with a TAD Gear Admin panel stuck on the inside. I keep a wallet, keys, sunscreen, doggy bags, and serval small necessities. The front pocket holds my muti-tool, pocket knife, pens, a notebook and lots of smaller things like chap stick, hand sanatizer etc. I have plenty of room for my EDC stuff (I carry a lot) and any extra things that may come up.

The bag itself has held up well, and still looks brand new. I have even ran it through the washer several times, as I have kids and critters and things get dirty!

I haven't personally seen the maxpedition version, but by looking at the pictures online, it does seem to be very close to the same bag. For me, it is the perfect EDC. It is the perfect size and shape for my needs and its pretty much indestructible. I think this bag would make an excellent EDC for anyone.

9. eggroll

eggroll Empty Pockets

Aleelee
    good to hear that your bag is holding up well... the pattern for your bag was sent off to Maxpedition as the PALS front ASB

10. Nyyrikki

Nyyrikki Empty Pockets

Congrats Eggroll, great design, simple but effective!

Here two pics of my Active Shooter with PALS Front used as an EDC Bag.

Its combined with:

Volta Battery Case (Must be changed in foliage green)
    Three-by-Five
    Triad Admin Pouch
    Strobe/Compass Pouch

and on the side a Mini Rollypoly (Must be changed in foliage green)

[img width=640 height=569]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2537/3835555511_efa58f633c_o.jpg[/img]

[img width=640 height=545]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3453/3835556835_1bc73071d1_o.jpg[/img]

11. ambaal

ambaal Loaded Pockets

You guys are poison.
    I now feel an overwhelming urge to get one of those.

:help:

12. knestle

knestle Banned

I think they might have a few left. ;D

13. Nyyrikki

Nyyrikki Empty Pockets

Poison ???

THIS IS POISON !!! :shock:

[img width=640 height=439]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2606/3836491784_7c0ba9ef74_o.jpg[/img]

Second image removed due to non-family-friendly patch. You may repost the image, if you obscure the patch with Photoshop (for example).

-Valolammas
    :baa:

14. Bushman5

Bushman5 Loaded Pockets

oooh very nice! i still have not picked up mine, job tanked and i'm living on $15 a week right now...lol

soon, very soon i will have one.

15. panzer

panzer Loaded Pockets

anyone try a netbook in one of these like a asus eee? Wondering what the true interior dimension would be.

16. ambaal

ambaal Loaded Pockets

I do.

Asus EEE fits up to 90x in small compartment, Lenovo S10 barely fits in small compartment (but just barely, and you need to break in the bag a little, it's a TIGHT fit).
    Would be no problem to fit most of modern netbooks into big compartment at all.

Then again, I managed to cram Lenovo S10 into CCW compartment in Jumbo, so it might be my mad cramming skillz.

Can make pikchurz of it if you want, love my ASB, think it's very photogenic :)

17. panzer

panzer Loaded Pockets

Sounds good mate! Thanks for the info and pics are always appreciated. I think the Active Shooter would make a great netbook bag to carry to the cafe and sip lattes. How yuppie of me!

18. jfirebalrog

jfirebalrog Empty Pockets

My eee 904ha(same size as the 10 inchers) won't fit, but I agree that the 7 and smaller 8.9's should(they are about 1.5 inches shorter).

19. ZoomFlight15

ZoomFlight15 Loaded Pockets

I finally got a PALS front ASB!

My 8.9" Asus Eee 900HA easily fits into the large compartment with room to spare. I haven't tried to fit it into the smaller compartment tho. I can try to get pictures up when i get the chance!

20. ambaal

ambaal Loaded Pockets

Should fit in a small one too.