1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

So who will be using Maxpeds' Active Shooter bags as an EDC bag?

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by KDOG08, Jul 7, 2009.

1. KDOG08

KDOG08 Loaded Pockets

2. knestle

knestle Banned

Oh. sure! Complicate my life, why don't you!

I was all set to order the 5.11 SERE bag tomorrow morning. Now I gotta rethink it.

+ This bag's two compartments are just a little short of the total capacity of the 5.11 SERE's two compartments, but the spaces seem to be more usefully divided.
    - It has a few less molle webs
    + but the ones it has seem to be more usefully arrayed.
    + You don't have to mess with the flap to get to the main compartment.
    + It doesn't have the big SRB on the front(I hate SRBs) making the webbing on the front more usable.
    + It doesn't LOOK LIKE and doesn't YET have the reputation of a CCW bag.

+ It has Maxpedition's superb quality.
    - It has Maxpedition's outrageous pricing(double the 5.11 SERE).

That's a lot of pluses, and only a couple minus'.

3. Gothic_Coop

Gothic_Coop Loaded Pockets

I am looking forward to seeing the inserts for the Velcro attachment system. I do like the PALS Front Version the best.
    I don't think this bag will be something I would need for my kit.

4. KDOG08

KDOG08 Loaded Pockets

I don't like how the SRB will be in back when its on your shoulder for most people who are right handed. Now a left handed version would be correct...

5. AKS

AKS Empty Pockets

FWIW my Blackhawk enhanced (bigger) Battle Bag purchase was nearly thrown off the rails by this bag. In the end Blackhwak's larger size won me over. Maxped offering either AR mag pouches or PALS is a nice option. A friend has the 5.11 Active Shooter bag- now renamed something else- and I really liked it but the laptop didn't fit.

6. Vic303

Vic303 Loaded Pockets

I looked at those but found I liked the look and layout of the 5.11 tactical, Active Shooter bag. It's also half the cost...

7. eggroll

eggroll Empty Pockets

these were designed for RH shooters... hence wear over left hip and thus buckle in front. It is not for everyone and if you have a different preference, more power to you.

8. eggroll

eggroll Empty Pockets

yes I will be getting my reference copies... and will be making more of these for a limited number of folks in multicam

:hug:

9. Synaptic Misfire
    • In Omnia Paratus

Synaptic Misfire Loaded Pockets

Nice bag Eggroll and nice price too! My bud is looking for a daddy diaper bag this might be it.

10. John Frederick

John Frederick Loaded Pockets

:iagree: :popcorn:

11. balldboy

balldboy Loaded Pockets

Ordered one in foligae to pair with a Spec Ops Go Bag in Ranger green.
    I like varied shades instead of all one green, except Maxpeds OD which IMHO is kinda neonish.

Pete

12. eggroll

eggroll Empty Pockets

Good to hear, Hows the gear holding up for your son? Drop a PM sometime

13. balldboy

balldboy Loaded Pockets

Egg,
    I bought this to hold a Pack Rat, small pry bar, some power bars and a few BHP mags.

Planning for a Nalgene pouch and FAK on the front panel.

The contents of the Pack Rat are too costly to buy redundant items so I want to move it from the EDC bag to the BOB and to the rifle bag: Eagle drag bag.

I'm a gear :censored:, I can't get by with just one brand/maker.

Thanx for asking: The son who needed a bigger bag for a week of camping soooo he loaded all his gear in my nearly new Camelbak BFM and then put it behind the car, forgot to load it in the trunk and ran it over...he's fine.

Be Well,
    Pete

14. knestle

knestle Banned

I just ordered the pals front version in black from LAPG.
    My first stop after receiving it will be an upholstery shop with a heavy duty sewing machine.

I plan to 'correct' the placement of the shoulder strap SRB by adding another one to the right side of the strap, add a pals attachment point on the left side of the strap for hanging a Mini Rolly Poly(water bottle holder), and adding a combination grab handle/UFBS mounting point to the top of the bag where the Maxpedition logo is located.

For your entertainment I will be posting photos of all modifications.

15. iomatic

iomatic Loaded Pockets

Is there any MOLLE bag that is slightly larger (thinking MacBook/MacBook Pro 13")?

16. AKS

AKS Empty Pockets

I have the Blackhawk enhanced Battle Bag and it is larger-12"-12"-5" and holds my 15" thinkpad or my Dell XPS 13" with relative ease. Not what I carry them in typically but they do fit

17. iomatic

iomatic Loaded Pockets

That's cool; I'm looking for a zip-top one.

18. LeakyBandage

LeakyBandage Empty Pockets

The flap on the Blackhawk bag is removable via flush-fit fastex buckles and it has a zipper along the top opening.

19. iomatic

iomatic Loaded Pockets

Thanks! That wasn't totally clear; sorry to derail the thread.
    Last question: what happens to the buckle if you remove the map pouch for use-- obviously so the ziptop stays at the top, and the map flap is gone?

Also, I would EDC a MOLLE bag, though will sort of cover up the MOLLE with pouches for other gear (photography).

I think MOLLE is very brilliant (not the most aesthetic (very busy/distracting), but highly useful).

20. eggroll

eggroll Empty Pockets

Its interesting to see the diversity in applications people have come up with for these bags, they have only been out in the market less than two weeks, and yet I have received many emails IMs PMs and such regarding these bags.... (and their SRB placement :lolhammer:)

These two were derived from my original TAKEOUT Bag that was profiled by Pat Rogers in SWAT magazine back in 2007, and I'll admit that it doesnt fit every role, niche, person, wallet or waistline.

To those who keep wanting that next EDC, buy a sewing machine and get a-krackalackin...

keep up with all the inputs... Thanks!

:D ;D but one point of clarification - its not MOLLE webbing, its PALS webbing, MOLLE (MOdular Lightweight Loadbearing Equipment) was the initial load carrying system fielded by the USMC in the late 90s, though to now albeit several design iterations later.