1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

So what sunglasses do you wear?

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by cj797, Apr 24, 2011.

1. DTWCA

DTWCA Loaded Pockets

Oakley Fives Squared Polished Black w/ Polarized Gray Lens.

Normally I don't order polarized but these were a deal and the polarizing isn't bothering me. I think these are the best fit for my face I've ever had from Oakley!

2. Swe_Nurse

Swe_Nurse Loaded Pockets

Oakley halfjacket XLJ or Oakley Holbrook XL. Depending in mood or occasion.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

3. ProjeKtWEREWOLF

ProjeKtWEREWOLF Loaded Pockets

Just ordered a pair of Bloc Bail sunglasses. Polarized red mirror lenses. They are the only glasses that fit my bulbous head.

4. marsos52

marsos52 Loaded Pockets

I have a few. Rayban, Oakley, Costa and just got a Randolph

the Randolph is hands down the best of the best

5. assassin10000

assassin10000 Loaded Pockets

I used to have a pair of oakleys (15+ years ago) but after a trip to San Diego where allergies came into play I stopped wearing them. The weight of the sunglasses due to how that sat on my sinuses made my eyes water so bad I couldn't wear them. Can't remember the exact model (fives, minute or eye jackets).

After that I went to Rayban's which worked better with the adjustable nose pads, I can't remember the model either. Stainless frame, rectangular classic green lenses and thin black plastic arms. Ran those for a few years. While nice they were also prone to slipping down due to the weight of the glass lenses.

Tried a pair of Revo's for a week or two in between the Maui Jim's listed below. They were just 'ok'. The crystal clear frames just didn't do it for me either. Only tried them as they were a ridiculously good deal at the time.

Descend N
    [​IMG]

Then I found Maui Jim's. I've been through 4 different models with them. Some of, if not the best sunglasses I've used thus far. I've sat on 2 pairs of them by mistake and been able to twist them back into shape. One pair of my Lahaina's (that were sat on) even had small 2mm or so cracks around where the bridge attaches to the lenses after being sat on but they kept going for another 2-3 years with no issues at all. Finally replaced them once I found a slightly taller lense on the Frigates. In order of what I've owned:

Wailea (503-02) These were too small, so upgraded to the similar ones below after a very short period.
    [​IMG]

Kapalua (502-02)

[​IMG]

Lahaina (450-02), I've had 3 pairs of these. One were stolen, the second I sat on and the third were to be a replacement whenever the lenses gave up on the second... but they never did.

[​IMG]

My current (and favorite) are the Frigate w/grey lenses. (716-06)

[​IMG]

The frigate lenses are a shade lighter than my previous lahaina's, which is really my only complaint on extra bright days. Overall though, they are the best so far.

twin63 and Moshe ben David like this.
  6. Sinkhole

Sinkhole Loaded Pockets

I'm a big fan of Costa Del Mar. I own several pairs. But I currently wear the Cat Cays the most.

[​IMG]

7. majorspud

majorspud Loaded Pockets

I like the functionality, modularity and no nonsense cheap of the ESS Ice glasses. They may lack the sparkle, but if they chip, break or get stolen, well... $10 is nothing... I also have a few Wiley-X frames and lenses that I use too.

8. Tesla

Tesla Loaded Pockets

When I wear dedicated sunglasses, polarized Foster Grants...Sports Wrap style. The rest of the time my prescription Oakley's have transition lenses.

Moshe ben David likes this.
  9. tbirdowner86

tbirdowner86 Loaded Pockets

I got a pair of battlewarn WileyX SG-1, from my brother after one of his tours in the sandbox, about 10 years ago....that's all I wear. I tried the rebels for about 2 months didn't like them fogged real easy. I got a pair of WDX, their secondary brand, after 3 weeks all scratched up.

Sent from my SM-T377T using Tapatalk

10. majorspud

majorspud Loaded Pockets

I wear the Wiley X SG-1's with the strap if I'm doing anything strenuous as that strap really keeps them in place. All I have are the dark and clear lenses, which I guess are issue and alternate when I ride day or night. Even switching out the lenses regularly, the frames hold up quite well.

tbirdowner86 likes this.
  11. Journo

Journo Loaded Pockets

Oakley's. It's the Sliver at the moment.I keep misplacing the silly little bag though!

12. Captdave13

Captdave13 Loaded Pockets

I switch between Maui Jim big kahuna and stingrays or costa fan tails. Need polarized lenses for work and these are the best I’ve ever seen and I’ve been working on the water my whole life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. tbirdowner86

tbirdowner86 Loaded Pockets

I found a 3rd party lens site...got a pair of red lenses. They pop into the original lens frame.... a little effort to get in, but not bad for $20...

Sent from my SM-T377T using Tapatalk

14. MCPOWoller

MCPOWoller Loaded Pockets

Ever since I had LASIK in 2001 I’ve worn nothing but Oakley: Minutes,, Fives, Twenty’s, Flak Jackets and now my Straitjackets.

15. Elmiro Dungfoot

Elmiro Dungfoot Loaded Pockets

My current prescription sunglasses are Ray-Bans.

16. silver2478

silver2478 Loaded Pockets

If you need Rx glasses or RX shades i'd recommend EyeBuyDirect great prices

Sent from my BLA-A09 using Tapatalk

17. neo71665

neo71665 Loaded Pockets

I'm rough on glasses and wear safety glasses so I started wearing jackson nemesis. They are just about bullet proof and you can get them in all kinds of shading. Personally I have the clear, amber, and both mirrored ones. I get them on amazon in 3 packs for about $14. I try to take care of them but they are cheap enough if they get buggered up I'm not bothered.

[​IMG]

18. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

I currently have four sunglasses that I kinda sorta rotate through:

Ray Ban polarized mirrored Aviators
    Maui Jim polarized - some sort of 'sport' sunglasses; the kind with minimal frames. I have no idea of the model name/number.
    Nike non-polarized (!); a kind of very slightly tortoise shell with brown lenses; slight curvature. They were on sale at my optometrist so I figured why not?

and finally, with a drum roll: a pair of Foster Grants which are polarized; kinda rectangular, relatively flat; basically designed it seems to look like Ray Ban Wayfarers without being an outright clone.

So which do I like the most? On a really nice sunny day I grab the Ray Ban Aviators. Especially if I'm wearing my one of my 'cowboy hats'. Puts me in the mood ... Think the sheriff on Dukes of Hazard :). I kid you not. :))

But strange but true -- many other days I grab the Foster Grants. I think because (a) they fold pretty flat whilst having the vibe of Wayfarers; (b) they were so :censored: cheap I feel I'm giving homage to those good boys from Texas. I speak of course of ZZ Top.

To help you appreciate view this:

Oh Yeah! Oh Yeah!

Moshe ben David

ran23 and Elmiro Dungfoot like this.
  19. REDDEVIL

REDDEVIL EDC Junkie!!!

Currently I’m rocking matte black polarized Oakley Straightlinks... but these are very attractive! I may have to seek some out.

20. Flexxx

Flexxx BST/Marketplace ban

I have two pairs of Maui Jim world cup in green and bronze lens.

Amazing glasses and excellent customer service.