1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

So what sunglasses do you wear?

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by cj797, Apr 24, 2011.

1. enki_ck

enki_ck Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

Polaroid Eyewear Polarized

2. DimGR

DimGR Loaded Pockets

Rayban aviators

3. gstojinovic

gstojinovic Loaded Pockets

American opticals are just fine. I've found them localy though a bit pricey but on the other hand I believe you can't buy eyewere and shoes without trying them...

I've also got advice to try polaroid googles. They are supposed to be high quality with good price...

Sent from my GT-S5570 using Tapatalk

4. MartinDWhite

MartinDWhite Loaded Pockets

liberty rx glasses

I have rx glasses and direct sunlight bothers my eyes also. Got these
    http://www.libertysport.com/products_detail_sun.asp?codeprod=1183&codecolo=374
    with the rear inserts for these.
    http://www.libertysport.com/products_detail_sun.asp?codeprod=1112&codecolo=222
    because when I went to Burningman the desert sand needed a better eye cup than the snow one includes with the first.

It is the second liberty rx sun glasses I have had and they are GREAT. The lifetime $37.95 replacement frame warrenty is also pretty good, I have used it once.

5. Soup dragon

Soup dragon Loaded Pockets

Oakley Half Frames or Ray Bans. I also have a pair of clear cycling glasses which are UV filtered but light and comfortable eye protection for the many days in the UK when we do not see the sun!!

6. Academic

Academic Loaded Pockets

I normally wear Maui Jim's. Think mine are the Ho'okipa or something like that. I have rose and brown lens models. Love em both, they enhance contrast a lot and really make colors pop. Awesome for a bike ride in the fall especially. They look great, or at least as good as anything will on my face. Very light and comfortable and pretty secure. Don't think Ive had em slip or fall off. Polycarbonate polarized.

I also have black polarized polycarbonate Oakley Radars. They are fantastic. For pure function I find it hard to imagine a better pair. "barely there" comfort, don't slip or move at all, huge coverage, ansi compliant, durable, and great sun/glare cutting. They look pretty severe though.

Thats why I normally wear the Mauis. I like the maui lens colors, but that's just because I happened to purchase them in rose/copper and the oakleys in black. Depends on how bad you want color or need to fight bright sun.

7. aphex2k

aphex2k Loaded Pockets

Got a few. Oakley Fives with 'scription Transition lenses. Pair of Oakley Flak Jacket XLJ with custom emerald polarised lenses made by Visionary Lenses. Gold retro B&L Raybans with green lenses.

8. temujin

temujin Uber Prepared

I need to get prescription sunglasses (really bad eyesight). Does anyone have recommendations/preferences for such?

9. MartinDWhite

MartinDWhite Loaded Pockets

Notice how the inserts come out. They are held in by a magnet. Great for biking (or any open air fast sport, rollerblade, skiing, ect...). I loved them at BurningMan. The sand stayed out of my eyes all day long. At night regular glasses really highlighted the benefit of the inserts.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. yukon2004

yukon2004 Loaded Pockets

Oakley Half Jackets. Been wearing them everyday for about a year and a half. Thinking about getting another pair of Oakley's - just haven't decided which pair yet.

11. Municipal_Jedi

Municipal_Jedi Loaded Pockets

Oakley, end of story. Great product, made in the USA, impact resistant and lots of variety. I currently wear either my Juliets in X-metal with prescription polarized ice iridium or Jawbones with prescription polarized 00 red iridium.

12. beefstewcheezy

beefstewcheezy Loaded Pockets

13. Sailsmaker89

Sailsmaker89 Loaded Pockets

Prescription Ray-Bans since my eyes are getting older...not sure which part #

Just got a set of replacement prescription glasses and went with the Oakley HalfShock

John

14. Schaferhund

Schaferhund Loaded Pockets

I replaced my six year old oakleys with raybans... lost them and bought a pair of Bolle pythons yesterday... and I really like these! Great clarity, polarized, light, sit well and secure on the face and they seem really well made. :smitten:

15. aphex2k

aphex2k Loaded Pockets

Those of you with Oakley's that want new coloured / polarised lenses should check out Visionary Lenses (on facebook they have a page, which tells you their ebay link).

I have some Flak Jacket frames with green polarised lenses. Great value and so many options. Worth a look. (hardehar)

16. Municipal_Jedi

Municipal_Jedi Loaded Pockets

I'm happy to pay the price for the Oakley lenses with the knowledge that they provide serious impact protection. Even if I never use it I know that it's there.

17. KMAC179

KMAC179 Loaded Pockets

Oakley. I own 17 frames and...a lot of lenses. My usual daily glasses are Juliets. I own 2 pairs.

18. Academic

Academic Loaded Pockets

Interesting. I was considering getting a pair of something similar for BurningMan myself. I've never been but plan to. I tried on the Oakley Split Jacket with the gaskets, aka wind jacket, but that didn't feel like a seal that would beat the fine dust there.

What make and model are those?

19. Vic303

Vic303 Loaded Pockets

Revision Sawfly,with the vermillion lens.

20. DBR

DBR Loaded Pockets

Oakley A-Wires, one pair with a orangish/yellowish tint for overcast days and another pair with extra dark lenses for burn your eyes out days.