1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

SO tech GO bag review

Discussion in 'Gear Reviews' started by Henriq, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Henriq

Henriq Loaded Pockets

And the story continues. No replies from SO tech and I am almost about to give up on this futile mission. A new effort has been made, though. I just sent a mail to SKD Tac where I bought the bag and as of now I am eagerly awaiting some reply. Perhaps I should have begun in this end, but I thought it was best to go straight to the manufacturer since this looked like a warranty matter.

2. mercop

mercop Empty Pockets

SoTech is solid gear made for the players not the fans. I love their gear. I would also advise trying to contact Jim Cragg. He is a hands on guy with his company. He is often deployed so if he does not get back to you right away don't be alarmed. - George

BTW, just got the Mini Go Bag. A review will be forthcoming.

3. Henriq

Henriq Loaded Pockets

I actually got a reply from SKD and they promised me to forward my mail to SO Tech.

"Hello Henrik,

I appreciate your contacting me about this situation.

I will be happy to forward your email to SO Tech. As the the product has been damaged, with the zipper tabs removed, I cannot promise they will respond favorably - but I will do my best for you.

Let me know how it turns out.

Dwayne
    SKD Tactical Support"

This came the 14th of september. But SO Tech has yet to send me a reply. I will send another mail to Jim Cragg.

4. Henriq

Henriq Loaded Pockets

*News Flash*

I just got this in my mailbox:

"Henrik,

Good afternoon to you sir. If you would like SOTech to replace the bag, please ship it back to (address edited) xxxxx xxxxxxxx, xxx xxxx xx xxxxx xxxx, Carson, CA 90746.

I would be happy to send you out a new version.
    Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

Paul Lee

Project Analyst/Executive Assistant
    S.O.Tech / Special Operations Technologies Inc.

Built to Survive the World's Worst
    www.SpecOpsTech.com"

I am very glad. I guess persistence pays off some times. Thumbs up for S.O Tech for rectifying this.

5. mercop

mercop Empty Pockets

I also just got this from Jim Cragg in reference to this matter.

George,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I have had no visibility on this issue. I am trying to find out if any of my employees had communication with the customer. Please post my email address and ask the customer to email me directly and I will take care of the issue right away.

Thanks,

Jim Cragg

President

S.O.Tech / Special Operations Technologies Inc.

www.SpecOpsTech.com

6. ryball

ryball Empty Pockets

I picked up one the extended go bags, got it home and realized there were no zipper pulls on the long side pockets. :doh: There was a zipper sewn in there... but no pulls... on either side. So there were pockets there, but no way of getting into them. I took it back. The shop looked at it and scratched their heads, too. :thumbsdown: How can something like that slip by QA?

7. Bushman5

Bushman5 Loaded Pockets

I love my SotechGo bag. Its great for crowded subways due to its narrow profile. I do wish they would make it out out STIFFER cordura though, ot put a semi rigid panels in it. As well if they made the out part all PALS webbing instead of the three pockets. But other than that, i love it. Got the tan one.

as for my loadout,

MAIN vertical pouch: on the bottom is a folded OD shemagh to cushion the contents if dropped (thanks Mercop for the idea, got it off your website). Then its a SS bottle, Jetbeam M1X flashlight, lunch.

in each of the SIDE slit pockets: Micro FAK, Personal clean up kit (flat TP, wet wipes, alky wipes), Micro PPE (nitrile gloves, mini barrier mask), RITR notebook and pencils/sharpies, Sharpening stick, Emerson A100 folder + SAK rescue

in the three outer pockets: SF Spares carrier with 6 SF CR123, SF Outdoorsman backup light, Burts Bees lip balm tin + Burts Bee hand salve, 4 granola bars, gum, loose change, sometimes my briar pipe and tin of tobacco., misc

in the water bladder pouch (i have yet to find a bladder to fit it....) i stock a heavy duty garbage bag and maps of the city

will post up pics when i get a chance, i have no camera anymore

8. Henriq

Henriq Loaded Pockets

My new bag got here yesterday. It took just under 2 weeks with US mail. The zippers work fine. A new improvement of other zippers on the bag has been done. Instead of the flimsy pulltabs there are now stronger tabs encapsulated in black rubber. This reduces the noice somewhat. I guess I probably helped to evolve the GO bag with my complaints unless this was in the works previously. The strange alignment of the flap still stays the same. According to SO Tech staff that's just how the bag is designed. I will probably add velcro to the other side of the flap and to the back lid of the main compartment. This will provide me with a more flush closure of the bag.

The bag cost me $100 plus $30 shipping to sweden. Shipping the bag to SO tech for replacment from Sweden cost me the grand sum of $47. In the end this bag cost me around $177 and a lot of time. Is it worth that much money? No. Anyway, I am as satisfied as can be under the circumstances. Future purchases of bags will definitely be made in a local brick and mortar store.

9. J4C3

J4C3 Guest

How the zipper ends puts me off,it may let water in,otherwise a nice bag looks wise its love hate, i like it but not sure id like the attention drawn from such a look these days

10. thongle

thongle Empty Pockets

hi Everyone,

I'm gonna get one of Sotech Go bag. but i'm confusing between normal and Extended version ( is that too long?? ), and also Coyote/Flat Dark Earth color and Multicam color ( i only can choose 1 of them )
    pls help me to make decision.

thanks
    cheer

11. panzer

panzer Loaded Pockets

Okay I will decide for you... multicam

Hope that helps :rolleyes:

12. thongle

thongle Empty Pockets

O0
    yeah.... heheheh