1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

So I met Chris Reeve at the Shot Show...

Discussion in 'Knives' started by anitasanger, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Minibear453
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Minibear453 Loaded Pockets

I consider myself to be an introvert also, but that doesn't mean I'm rude to everyone. It just means I stumble over my words, not say as much, but I still say pleases and thank yous, although they are a bit mumbled at times.

dmattaponi and Cobra 6 Actual like this.
  2. mrlysle

mrlysle Loaded Pockets

Has everyone read all the stuff that was/is floating around about Mick Strider? People rant and rave about his knives, but to me, the things he's done are way worse than just being "unfriendly". But he makes a kick arse knife, for sure.

jph0200, Ogre and kertap75 like this.
  3. Quixotica

Quixotica Loaded Pockets

A Strider PT looks like it would be an awesome knife for me. I doubt I'd ever buy one because of Mick Strider and his actions in the past. Chris Reeves I'm still on the fence about. It's one thing to be a grouch and rude. It's another thing to completely misrepresent yourself as something you're not in order to project a false image and aura around your product.

4. mrlysle

mrlysle Loaded Pockets

Exactly my point. :)

5. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

You mean the part about being a convicted felon who went to prison after pulling off an armed car-jacking?

Yup.

Evilbunny likes this.
  6. angusW

angusW EDC Junkie!!!

I don't know if it was the same video but to me he came across as someone who is dedicated and driven to make a quality knife. He seemed like a good guy. I've seen a lot of ah_les in my life and he doesn't come across as one of them. Now working for him might be a different story :) That does not discount what he did to the OP no matter what the video shows. That was just downright rude and ignorant but he doesn't come across like that in those BladeHQ videos.

Agree 100% that the Glesser's are top notch. Never heard a bad thing about them and I've seen the generosity from Sal over the last few years that I've owned their knives at the Spyderco forum.

7. Leemaxx

Leemaxx Loaded Pockets

Wow! I did not know all of that. I guess I won't be gettng one of his knives. Weird how popular the knives are, usually something like that would sink a company.

8. Tixx

Tixx Loaded Pockets

Stuff like this should not make you feel stupid. It should make you feel like a good person admiring someone's work. Their response if good, does make you feel better, if not so good, only reflects upon them.

9. Tixx

Tixx Loaded Pockets

Then just stay home :)

MatBlack and jph0200 like this.