1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

So I made a pocket protector-type thing

Discussion in 'Do-It-Yourself & Gear Modifications' started by polonium9, Oct 23, 2015.

1. polonium9

polonium9 EDC Junkie!!!

large pics, sorry about that!

So, yeah, I made a pocket protector thing for the essentials of my every day carry.

I bought a pair of jeans that ended up being waaaay too tiny (I need to lose weight), but luckily they were cheap so I didn't mind tearing them up.

I laid them out on the material, mapped it, and cut.
    I sewed with the material from the middle of some paracord I had laying around.

Aaaaand here's the results:
    [​IMG]
    This is the first time I've sewn in like 12 years, so cut me some slack, man.

What's inside:
    [​IMG]
    Kaweco Sport, Thrunite Ti3, LM Micra

They all fit snugly in it, but not too snug. It's easy to take them in and out, but not enough to make them all fall out.

There's even room in it for the Pilot Birdy! (this is also a representation of how it looks at a different angle)
    [​IMG]

It's not hard, I just really wanted to make something.
    And this is the absolute first "prototype". I'll probably make more stuff in the future because it's just so rewarding.

Overall, I am very happy with how this turned out. I'll update this thread if anything arises.

Please, share anything you feel I should do to this to make it better. maybe a different fabric?

Have a good one, y'all.

ManVsLawn, CalicoSalsa and CSM-101 like this.
  2. stepewolf

stepewolf Loaded Pockets

You should invest in a sewing machine. Even the cheap ones they sell at supermatkets are way more capable that your hands and youtube has a lot of tutorials. Since I started playing with my mothers ancient LADA the world is not the same any more.

ManVsLawn and CalicoSalsa like this.
  3. polonium9

polonium9 EDC Junkie!!!

We have one, but it's not set up, and hasn't been used in like 5 years.

I'm jealous of your lada one, tho. From what I hear, Lada's in general, are tanks.

Honestly, this took like 20 minutes to make, not including the 2 minutes of study for the sewing.

ManVsLawn likes this.