1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Snowkiwi's EDC...now with NO Philosophy & NO crazed ramblings ....[sigh!]

Discussion in 'Show us pics of your EDC!' started by snowkiwi, Aug 9, 2014.

1. Unagi42
    • In Omnia Paratus

Unagi42 EDC Junkie!!!!!

Hmnn, sounds like maybe you should EDC a keychain torch.
    Now if only we knew a place where likeminded intelligent people could suggest which model...:p:giggle:

2. snowkiwi
    • In Omnia Paratus

snowkiwi EDC Junkiwi

That was the frustrating thing about cleanrooms and those macho looking white full body suits I wear. No EDC allowed. I usually try to have emergency EDC under my suit in my street clothes, but cant access while inside without compromising the Cleanrooms integrity. But in this situation I wore pocketless scrubs underneath so i left my beloveds all in the car rather than leave it all advertised in the mens bathroom, hanging on a hook.

So the lesson learnt from that day - have a neck EDC for when no pockets. And Button battery light and small SAK-like tool.

------------------------------

Last edited by snowkiwi, Jan 27, 2016
  3. snowkiwi
    • In Omnia Paratus

snowkiwi EDC Junkiwi

My neighbours are all having babies. The men are going through the fun learning curve.

Here is something to remind all you dads and teach all you up an coming dads:

4. snowkiwi
    • In Omnia Paratus

snowkiwi EDC Junkiwi

Man Its been so stupid muggy here this week.
    32DegC, 97% humidity so feels like 38DegC. And thunderstorms in the afternoons. Isn't humidity fun ? No it is not
    I guess you guys are used to this type of heat over in Aussie, Unagi42, Cheeser, BobsBargains. Or any other southern hemispherians

5. Unagi42
    • In Omnia Paratus

Unagi42 EDC Junkie!!!!!

Yeah muggy as all get-out here and not even that hot. Just constantly sticky and feels like it wants to rain.
    Like Southeast Asia without the food, or pools, or Southeast Asians, or holidays.:(

6. snowkiwi
    • In Omnia Paratus

snowkiwi EDC Junkiwi

Yeah that's it exactly: Southeast Asia weather but without the good parts. We have had crystal clear days then get that tropics rainy season, shower in the afternoon. So weird.

Sent from my iThing

7. BobsBargains

BobsBargains Banned

I'm in the same state as Unagi, so I have the same "why does my underwear feel like I just got out of the pool" type humid weather. And having as much muscle mass as I do plus some extra insulation I get hot very easily. The humidity just makes it a lot worse. Stupid humidity. :stomp:

8. Cheeser
    • In Omnia Paratus

Cheeser Hey Bub!

We've had a lot of that since Christmas Day. I'm lucky I live less than 5 minutes from the coast so we don't get much humidity. It's hosing down today which makes 3 days of rain since Christmas lol

9. snowkiwi
    • In Omnia Paratus

snowkiwi EDC Junkiwi

Just wondering, do others here at EDCF who live on or about a 38th parallel get this tropical rainy season type weather in Your summer? I know you Florida fellas ManVsLawn, FL Woods Bum probably are used to the humidity and afternoon thunderstorms maybe? But you are almost in the tropics aren't you?
    We are only at about latitude 37 south but I've only ever experienced this weather up near the equator in south east Asia as Unagi mentioned.
    But say for example in sanfrancisco , Kentucky/Virginia boarder , Japan , south Italy? thePlumbah Nick4305, Nekolf, QuodErat, CSM-101 do you guys or others know if this is normal at these latitudes to get almost height 90s humidity and afternoon thunderstorm?

10. snowkiwi
    • In Omnia Paratus

snowkiwi EDC Junkiwi

I feel you discomfort mate. I'm built for colder weather too. I wish it was the seventies again, when it was socially acceptable to walk everywhere without a shirt on and just ya Stubbies - into town, into the supermarket, out to dinner with grandma.
    Great days!

Key: Stubbies were/are a brand of slightly ugly, slightly too short, shorts popular in the seventies and eighties here.

11. Nick4305
    • In Omnia Paratus

Nick4305 EDC Junkie!!!!!

Personally haven't an answer to your question, BBB.
    All i can tell you is that here in Italy we are suffering for one of the driest winters of the last hundred years.
    Rivers and lakes are in a state of dreadful drought. The temperature here today is in a range from 0° min. to 5° max (32F to 41F).
    And no forecast of rainfall or snow for at least another two weeks.
    If things go on like this for a long time we will have serious problems with water next summer.

12. snowkiwi
    • In Omnia Paratus

snowkiwi EDC Junkiwi

Low humidity! Lucky bugger. Our weather doesn't care how close we live to water, it's everywhere, our house is also about five minutes drive from the Tasman sea (Manukau harbour) on the west coast but also five minutes from the pacific (Waitamata harbour) on the east coast.

I've invested in 6 $2 USB fans that I can plug into each rooms USB chargers and each laptop. Glad I did.

13. snowkiwi
    • In Omnia Paratus

snowkiwi EDC Junkiwi

Man sorry to hear that Nick. What have we all done to this planet? :eek:
    How's your drinking water situation then? do you guys get your drinking water from dams and man made reservoirs like us?

14. Nick4305
    • In Omnia Paratus

Nick4305 EDC Junkie!!!!!

Here again haven't a direct answer to your question, mate.
    The only thing i could say is that i always loved mother Earth, i'll always do and schooled my sons about this necessity.
    There are parts of our Country where make reservoirs is needed 'cos water is not always distributed by pipes. Dams levels are less than 50% high of past years.
    Let's hope well.

15. snowkiwi
    • In Omnia Paratus

snowkiwi EDC Junkiwi

Yes let's hope it improves soon for your area my friend.

16. Nekolf
    • In Omnia Paratus

Nekolf EDC Junkie

Japan extends north and south. The climates are different in each area. Kumagaya city (85km from Tokyo, latitude 36) where I was born and raised is one of famous area as hot place. The highest temperature in the summer daytime is around 38 to 40 degrees centigrade. The humidity is around 70% to 80%. Not every day but there is often a thunderstorm in the afternoon. Tokyo is almost same as well. The summer here is always sultry and oppressive.

17. Cheeser
    • In Omnia Paratus

Cheeser Hey Bub!

The northern half of Tasmania has water restrictions at the moment and our electricity is hydro powered so we have risks of brown outs now. No water restrictions in the south but I'm not using more water than I need to

18. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

I don't know what "normal" is aymore. ;)

19. Longbow_06

Longbow_06 Banned

Well amazingly, the world should have ended today, but Nature never got the memo :-/
    Ten years ago today, a former VP made the statement that if something wasn't done about global warming, the world would end in ten years, or some such :D
    He was wrong... Yay... I guess :D

20. snowkiwi
    • In Omnia Paratus

snowkiwi EDC Junkiwi

A bit like
    A bit like NZ then I guess. The parts of nz closer to the South Pole (appropriately named :"Southland" ) are nice and cool and low humidity. The part up north (also unimaginatively yet fittingly named: "Northland" ) are hot but less humid too. I just happen to live in a shirt-drippingly region...oh and the worlds climes have gone to pot.