1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Smoothest Manual Folding Knife

Discussion in 'Knives' started by DropD, May 20, 2017.

1. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

If we aren't talking custom knives, and production only, then it would be my Inkosi.

JB in SC likes this.
  2. Getahl

Getahl Loaded Pockets

Yeah, I guess I took 'manual' to mean anything not an auto. Didn't even consider bearings. Tempted to pull out my Millie. Haven't carried it in a dog's age.

Haven't heard much about Real Steel, I'll look into them.

3. Dingle1911

Dingle1911 Loaded Pockets

The Paramilitary 2 is my smoothest folder which uses the compression lock. The Benchmade axis lock is very smooth as well.

4. kdurt

kdurt Loaded Pockets

Non bearing blades.
    Medford DP 187 took forever to break in from its tight have to use wrist action to open with sticky lock issues to its now zero resistance free-falling blade action and super easy lock release. Riding on washers it feels buttery smooth and just as free as blades on bearings.
    Number two is my Emerson Super Commander born on date of 2012 this knife after always being at the top of my knife rotation has just worn in to the point of being extremely smooth.
    Third believe it or not SOG large Kiku Matsuda free falling super smooth action but no play whatsoever.
    I love a well put together blade on phosphor bronze bushings.
    Bearing blades.
    Number one
    Two Sun not even sure of the name but a morning night design with ceramic detent and ceramic bearings. Just barely break the detent and it flies open like an assisted knife. Actually took me a second took look to make sure it wasn't spring assisted. No friction at all with hardened steel insert lock action is effortless but no play at all.
    Second Guardian Tactical Patron just fricking effortless. Amazing action but again locks up tight with steel insert but effortless to release
    Third goes to Brous Blades full size Division. Buttery smooth and again fires open like an auto.
    Honorable mention
    ZT 560 took awhile to break in but with some nano oil it really is a sweet action. Lock takes a little effort to release but I am good with that .
    One more economy blade
    Boker Caracal pretty sweet action on bearings. Good detent but have to preload the flipper a bit mine does not like to light switch open definitely a push button preference on this one .
    Here is a pic with my best performers[​IMG] 187 is with a friend who wanted to play with it for awhile and test drive before getting one for himself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#24 kdurt, May 29, 2017
    Last edited: May 29, 2017
    DropD and rkazooti like this.
  5. Lellobeetle

Lellobeetle Loaded Pockets

This new Two Sun TS31 I recently got is remarkably smooth on KVT ball bearings.
    [​IMG]

Moshe ben David, DropD and rkazooti like this.