1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Smartphone cases

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by Fabregas485, Mar 10, 2013.

1. MadJoe

MadJoe Loaded Pockets

Did you contact Otterbox customer service? I had a case that did the same things you just described. They said the case must have been defective and sent me a new one right away. Best customer service I have ever seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Gallows
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gallows EDC Junkie!!!!!

I got the skin replaced a few months ago then last month the clip and case broke. OB service is excellent but the Defender is a so so case IMO. My defender should be here in a day or two and I'll give it a month before I review it

3. zebedee
    • In Omnia Paratus

zebedee Loaded Pockets

I just took a Power Support case off my iPhone 4S and it feels so much better. Even though the case is super thin and light, the phone seem lighter and thinner without it. Now I just have to be more careful.... :(

4. JohnN

JohnN Loaded Pockets

I've had an Otterbox Defender and a Griffin Survivor or my iPhone 4.

Both have cheezy screen protectors. First thing I do is rip those out and then remove the adhesive they use to secure the screen protector and cut off all the flaps. Next, install a decent screen protector and install the case.

Note you'll also likely want to cut the home button bump flush on the Survivor to avoid accidental presses while stowed.

Of the two I really like the Survivor. It seems to have more cushion, stays in place better, has a better feel and seems to be more durable (I broke the inside plastic shell of the Defender).

After using the Survivor I liked it well enough to get one for my iPad Mini and gave it the same treatment except the home button on that one is OK as is. It really makes it easier to hold onto the iPad.

-john

5. MadJoe

MadJoe Loaded Pockets

I have been looking at the Ballistic HC case for iPhone. Looks pretty sweet.

Sent from my iPad 4 using Tapatalk

6. MadManBro

MadManBro Loaded Pockets

Droid Razr Maxx here. I chose an Otterbox Commuter case for it. I am very happy with both the phone itself and the fit of the case which protects all of the buttons and ports while still giving access to everything but the micro sd card and sim card slots. I don't find it to be terribly bulky and it is very protective. I tried and later removed the screen protector for aesthetic reasons, I have faith in the scratch resistance of Gorilla Glass. What I need now is a Skinth for the whole deal.

7. BASSFAN07

BASSFAN07 Loaded Pockets

I have an otter box defender for my iPhone 4S, but I'd like a lifeproof.

8. steel_6

steel_6 Loaded Pockets

I use a G-form Extreme. The yellow one in the picture is for my old iPhone 4, and the black one is for my current iPhone 5. They add great shock protection but leave the front glass uncovered which I love. They give a good grip to the phone as well, but aren't sticky or anything so I can still slide it into a pocket easily. I have tried Lifeproof for the iPhone 4 and iPhone 5, and most recently the Otterbox Armor for iPhone 5 but didn't like any of those. I actually just posted a review of the Otterbox Armor in the Gear Review section a day or two ago.

[​IMG]

9. iPREFERPi

iPREFERPi Loaded Pockets

Do you get strange reverb (?) when on a phone call? I've got the same phone & case. I've found that every time I get a call, I get this issue.
    I've found a few comments from people "thinking" it's from the noise cancellation and the gore membrane. curious if you're experiencing it.

10. Gretsch308

Gretsch308 Loaded Pockets

Honestly no one ever calls me. I use it for emails and interwebz. I'll give it a try tomorrow and report back!

11. bigguy02

bigguy02 Loaded Pockets

I really enjoy my Oterbox Commuter on my iP5. Its not trebley bulky, but offers a good amount of protection

12. Nightrain349

Nightrain349 Loaded Pockets

LifeProof on an iPhone5. Love the case and its protective ability. But I cannot utilize speaker phone with the case "reverb" or echo on the other side of the call.

13. Changchung

Changchung Loaded Pockets

I hame ussing otterbox defender series since my iphone 3g, 4, 4s and now with the 5.

I think that is a very good choice for the price...

Sent from my phone with camera with flash and internet on it... :D