1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Smaller Mil-Pod

Discussion in 'Other Carrying Devices' started by ferris209, Jun 19, 2017.

1. ferris209

ferris209 Loaded Pockets

Howdy all,
    I have the Hazard 4 Mil-Pod and I like it, I use it to carry a couple of extra sets of rx glasses, one for me and another for my daughter. I was carrying it easily enough in my 5.11 Moab 10, but I recently decided to try and scale down a bit to a Moab 6. The Mil-Pod is slightly too large to put anywhere in the the new smaller bag, so I am on the hunt for something exactly like the Mil-Pod but maybe half the size. I don't think Hazard 4 makes anything smaller than the Mil-Pod, but if I'm wrong please advise. If not, can anyone suggest a similar product to the Mil-pod but smaller?

2. YankeeHotelFoxtrot

YankeeHotelFoxtrot Loaded Pockets

I've also looked for something like you describe; I wasn't successful. A side note is that I wasn't very impressed with the H4 mil-pod (I have one and used it a couple of years ago, strapped to my Rush 24. The snap on the strap drove me crazy. I almost lost the case a couple of times due to it unsnapping unexpectedly. I would have preferred a better strap.

Hmmm....Perhaps Oakley might have something?

3. ferris209

ferris209 Loaded Pockets

I too don't much care for the overall design of the Mil-Pod, the button and strap are terrible and not secure at all on the side of any bag. But I liked the basic design and felt it did protect my glasses fairly well so I still use it to carry backup RX glasses inside my bag. I just wished they'd make a Mil-Pod smaller and with regular Molle instead of the strap.

4. Treya

Treya Loaded Pockets

Would an old sunglasses or prescription glasses case work?

5. ferris209

ferris209 Loaded Pockets

Yeah, it works, but I'd really like to have a zippered protected pouch with the MOLLE attach option.