1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Small wallet help please!

Discussion in 'Other Carrying Devices' started by DemskeetSkeet, Mar 17, 2009.

1. DemskeetSkeet

DemskeetSkeet Loaded Pockets

I have read through I believe what feels like every wallet thread out there looking for the smallest wallet and none of them feel like they fit my criteria. I have purchased several wallets in the past year or so and none of them have satisfied me. Quite frankly, I'm getting frustrated.

Criteria:
    Smallest possible!!
    I.D. Window(preferably on the outside)
    Minimal amount of credit card slots: I don't like to keep a lot of papers/cards on me. I only have 3 plastic cards, and 2 paper cards(Credit card sized but thinner)
    One place for money(would prefer two separate slots for cash but if that affects the size by a lot which I don't think it would then one is fine).

I would like the wallet to be leather but I will listen to some other ideas.

The size is the most important thing, hopefully there is something out there for me or I will live the rest of my life frustrated. :rant:

I don't know what it is about me but I need that perfect wallet that fits my needs and just can't seem to find one small enough(hopefully just a bit bigger than a credit card and not too thick)

Thanks

Take care
    -Matt

Edit: I have two wallets that I like but it seems like they are too large for the features they have: One is a tri-fold with two money slots and outside ID window but it is just too tall. Cash sits way down in the wallet.

I also have a Hilfiger Bifold, it's extremely wide and long, again the cash seems to disappear inside the two slots and my cards and stuff inside seems to get black leather finish on them and won't come off. Overall decent wallet except that the dimensions seem just too big for the features.

2. unterhund

unterhund Empty Pockets

Chisco Surfshorts Wallet? It's not leather, but it appears to meet the rest of your requirements. Unless I misunderstood something, in which case I apologize.

3. Caveman
    • In Omnia Paratus

Caveman Loaded Pockets

I hear you.
    I had the same problem.
    Made my own with car seat leather and a sewing machine.
    Easy to do if you want to try.
    It is just large enough to put a few cards in stacked on one side.
    And a few bills on the other.
    I'll see if I can find a pic. of something similar.

4. Caveman
    • In Omnia Paratus

Caveman Loaded Pockets

This should show you the type I made.
    No where near as good as his though.
    Makr
    Mine is very soft and not rigid like this looks to be.
    3 small sheets of leather and a little sewing.
    Adding a ID window is simple with a little clear vinyl.
    If you would like to try it let me know if I can help. :-X

5. DemskeetSkeet

Thanks for the replies so far guys! This is probably the last thing I need to perfect in my edc. Got the right pen, knife, leatherman, gum, chapstick and iPhone. I'm currently at work on my phone typing this but I will definitely look at your suggestion more in depth when I get home in a few hours.

Thanks again! And keep the suggestions coming!
    It just seems like there is to much wasted spaces and leather in the wallets I own so far.

Take care
    -Matt

6. mosrogfor

mosrogfor Empty Pockets

You might want to take a look at the ViewSlimmy.

It's a nice wallet and seems to meet your needs. I like mine but it's slightly overpriced IMO.

7. DemskeetSkeet

I've been keeping a close watch on that lawallet but it just doesn't seem to have an adequate place to keep money. Believe me it looks great and nicely made but I have to have a nice place to drop in some cash.

I'll take a look at those maxpedition ones. I'm sure those won't be leather though.

Thanks for your input!

Take care
    -Matt

8. DemskeetSkeet

I really like that view slimmy and the micro maxpedition. I will have to look for some reviews and such to see if they function the way I need them to.

Does the maxpedition micro have a full length money slot like a bi-fold or tri-fold wallet?
    The only thing I'm not like about that view slimmy is that it doesn't look like it would grab hold of bills or pretty much anything you place inside of it.

Anyone have a view slimmy or Maxpedition Micro wallet?

Thanks

Take care
    -Matt

9. DemskeetSkeet

Does anyone know if there is such a thing as just a money wallet? I just bought a small credit card/business card wallet for less than $3 at staples. I'm going to give this little guy a shot with my cards and driver's license.

So does anyone know of a wallet just for bills?

thanks

Take care
    -Matt

10. DemskeetSkeet

All right guys! I have come to live with the fact that there is no perfect wallet for me because I found out why every wallet seems to be too big for me.

The reason I am not liking the wallets out there is because of one reason: Manufacturers make their wallets too long! I know you have to take into account the length of 2 credit cards plus the seems around those to hold them in, plus you have to have some play between the two slots for the fold in the wallet.

The main problem I have had is that they are just too long and too tall.

I like some of the ideas so far but the closest one to what I am looking for is the big skinny wallet except it's too long still.

Thanks guys!

Take care
    -Matt

11. toddtheknifegeek

toddtheknifegeek Loaded Pockets

I make my own out of duct tape and tyvek. Bi-fold, tri-fold, card holders, etc.

12. Gorbag

Gorbag Loaded Pockets

If you've got a card holder for the plastic, why not go with a money clip for the bills?

13. DemskeetSkeet

Well I used one of my knives with a nice clip as a money clip today and made a few purchases today and it wasn't very fast and user friendly. I just have to have cash inside something to where I can grab one bill at a time.

I like the little credit card holder but really need something for my cash(about the same dimensions of currency)

Thanks

14. DemskeetSkeet

Anyone have this wallet?

I'm talking about the one called "European leather" I don't think I've seen a bi-fold leather wallet with those small of dimensions with a full size money slot.

Any thoughts on this one guys?

15. bouncer

bouncer Loaded Pockets

A customer of mine had a slim leather wallet that folded the long thin way first the in half the other way. I didn't get the name :brickwall: and he hasn't come back. I've been looking on the internet but can't find it slimmest wallet I've ever seen.

16. DemskeetSkeet

Thanks for the help anyways! If you ever find it then just let me know!

Take care
    -Matt

17. schadenfreude

schadenfreude Empty Pockets

A fair number of brands are making "slim front pocket wallets" now. I had a Dopp for a while that wasn't as well made as I would have liked, but it had an ID window. Now I carry a Coach that my wife got me. No ID window, but it carries 4-6 cards no problem, and the center slot also holds bills folded in half or quarters. Not cheap, but it was a gift. The "slimmy" will probably be my next wallet. IF the coach ever dies.

I'm actually not a huge fan of ID slots, since the plastic tends to collect stains and dirt. It takes no time at all to slide an ID out of one of these smaller wallets, and it looks a lot cleaner.

18. DemskeetSkeet

Thanks for your insight, I've been looking at the Leather All-ett European wallet. Holds 4 cards in each slot and just barely big enough to store cash in a full size money slot.

Take care
    -Matt

19. 5iveoh

5iveoh Empty Pockets

I really love my Maxpedition Micro. Its ultra thin and holds just bare essential cards that I use daily. Only down side is that I have to tri-fold my money for it to fit in the out side pocket of the wallet.