1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Small pouch recommendation please

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Hellz, May 12, 2010.

1. Hellz

Hellz Loaded Pockets

Hi all,

I got a new summer bag, a small dockers with a good few compartments. However, I have a few smaller items I want to contain in a single pouch/wallet type thing that can sit in the main compartment. I've had a good look round but am not having much luck; the Maxp Barnacle looks good, but pricey, the Maxp Volta battery case looks to be the right size, but not as easy to access as a zip around pouch.

The sundries I will probably put in there include things like; a few painkillers, plasters, Leatherman Squirt and a couple of AA batteries.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'd be very grateful, many thanks.

Patrick

2. antman157

antman157 Loaded Pockets

How about the Maxpedition Rat Wallet .. Its 26.99 .. Its a wallet with a pouch and can be mounted to your belt also

3. Cobra 6 Actual

Cobra 6 Actual Loaded Pockets

4. Heavy_Hog

Heavy_Hog Loaded Pockets

If it's a bunch of stuff that can all just lay jumbled together a Maxped Cocoon pouch might meet your needs. You can stuff a ton of things in that. Cheap at around 13 bucks but may be bigger that what you are looking for.

I have a Maxped 3"x5" pouch that I have strapped to the outside of my Jumbo that works great. In fact, thinking on it a little I think this is the perfect pouch in this size. I have a Maxped dealer near me and so I've handled most all of the packs and pouches and I choose the 3x5 over the Barnacle and I have a Anemone that I find is just to big for an "in that bag" pouch although as a stand alone it is pretty nice. The problem that is shared by those two pouches is that thick internal divider. It makes the pouches too thick for what they can carry. Don't get me wrong, you can stuff a ton of stuff in there but then it will take up most of the room in your main pouch. I know because I did that for a little bit with the Anemone. I took everything from it and moved it to the 3x5 and have never looked back.

So ya. At 20 buck it's not exactly cheap but it is a solid little pouch with internal dividers and a front zipper pocket as well. I dig it the most.

Coffee fueled post...can you tell?

Hope it helps!

5. Crco

Crco Loaded Pockets

Lots of good suggestions here. If you are being forced to buy one of these options (due to no stores carrying Maxpedition locally), you should definitely go to YouTube and plug in the names of these items. That way you can see firsthand how appropriate each pouch option is for your needs.

6. Cobra 6 Actual

Cobra 6 Actual Loaded Pockets

7. Roach

Roach Empty Pockets

I got a black barnacle a few years back, i was able to stick a digital camera, its charger, a spare battery, a laser pointer, and 2 sd card adapters with room to spare. I liked it so much I got another one. The inside has a real nice soft felt lining, a divided primary compartment, and a elastic sleeve on the inside of the lid of the primary pocket. There are two "pen" slots on the outside that i know a AA battery will fiit in. The leatherman squirt would find a real nice home in the outside "cellphone" pouch, that is secured with a quickrelease buckle. The primary pocket will fit 2 altoid tins very well and securely.

8. 70dart

70dart Loaded Pockets

+1 on that. I can't say enough about the barnacle, it's an awesome pouch.

http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/BARNACLE-7p165.htm

Robert

9. Hellz

Hellz Loaded Pockets

Thanks for all the replies, I think I'm probably going to end up getting a barnacle, but am still on the look out for something 'smaller.'

Thanks again,
    Patrick...

10. jenkinma

jenkinma Loaded Pockets

Fellow EDCF'er Stormtracker has some good stuff...
    Check out his products at his website: http://www.edcgear.com
    I own a couple of his organizers... they are top notch.