1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Small Necker - which one? (be nice I'm new)

Discussion in 'Knives' started by fallow, Apr 30, 2009.

1. b.s.

b.s. Loaded Pockets

I've carried a couple of edc neckers and they make extremely useful tools. even used to neck carry a leatherman wave. When you're on a boat in 28 degree seas you tend to find easy ways to carry potentially life saving devices. Especially when Rain Slickers, gloves and multiple layers don't give you easy access to pocket folders or belt knives.

Of course making people suspicious was fun too... but I don't shop at hot topic.

2. nbmaine2007

nbmaine2007 Loaded Pockets

Why does it matter to you? If you don't want to use one, don't. (And I don't, for the record.) But why do you need to try to analyze and question what others do? If you don't want to do something, don't do it. Seems like a pretty simple resolution. But to come in here and say others don't need to, or they're angry teens, or spies, or etc means you're (again) just looking to start fights. You can preface your posts with "just tell me I like having it hang around my neck, and that's fine", but we all know what you're trying to do.

3. Schattenwolf

Schattenwolf Empty Pockets

Small Necker? My choice is Fred Perrin.

4. Brules

Brules Loaded Pockets

I flyfish, so a small neck knife is very handy for cutting line. My favorite is a custom Yurco. It wasn't very expensive and is well made. Top two knives in photo are Yurco's.
    [​IMG]

5. choubbi

choubbi Loaded Pockets

+1 ! I love this knife, I have one of the original edition, and 2 of the new limited run.
    Still available here, I don't know how it still isn't sold out.

I've heard great stuff about BRKT knives too, I bought my first one lately (pro-scalpel), I'm still waiting for the mailman to show up.

6. fishwolf

fishwolf Loaded Pockets

:iagree:

7. fishwolf

fishwolf Loaded Pockets

Those look very handy! Nice!

8. 0dBm

0dBm Loaded Pockets

These appear to be well-made and I really like the way they look. I could invariably acquire one as a letter opener, however it would be unlawful to carry one in public in the municipality in which I work and reside.

Please post a link for Yurco?

9. CL01

CL01 Loaded Pockets

I really like neck knives with a finger hole for easy indexing/withdrawal. IMHO, the top 3 filling that are the HAK, Emerson La Griffe, & Spyderco SPOT.

The SPOT's getting harder to find, although they've come out with the new/larger Swick. The La Griffe's great & very popular, but my favorite's the HAK, although I keep hearing/reading that they're still a problem getting in a timely manner.

For a reg. FB, BM's 210/211 Activator isn't bad, either. I currently have the 5.5" OAL D2 model, but the S30V model's very nice, too.

10. jester02k

jester02k Loaded Pockets

Hi
    I posted this question in the past and went with the Tops Sparrow Hawk Link its a good knife but I feel is too thick for such a small Knife. If I could do it again Id go with the Buck Kaala A buddy of mine just got one cool knife
    Jester02k

11. Mister Scribble

Mister Scribble Loaded Pockets

The Spyderco Caspian2 Salt and Caspian Salt have H1 rustproof blades and fingerholes, skeleton handles
    with FRN overlays and Kydex sheaths for neck carry. Blade lengths are 3 inches and 3-1/8th inches, respectively.

Noticed them thumbing through the Spyderco 2008 catalog yesterday.

12. ironmonkey

ironmonkey Loaded Pockets

i edc a Rat Cutlery IZULA & Buck Mayo Kaala.also have a CRKT Triumph N.E.C.K & CRKT Neckolas for backups:)

13. sveqs

sveqs Loaded Pockets

Have you put your Neckolas to any practical use? Does it have edc value, or is it better suited as, like you said, a last resort knife?

14. Captain. Glock

Captain. Glock Empty Pockets

I like the cold steel mini tac series. They're small yet functional.

15. Hoodoo

Hoodoo Empty Pockets

Do you fall down a lot? :shrug: I'm 57 and an ice fisherman to boot and I don't recall the last time I fell down anywhere, let alone outdoors. The argument "carrying a neck knife is too scary" has never swayed me (except I won't wear one while canoeing, but then I clip one to my life jacket). I'll continue on with my "risky" behavior because a necker is just too handy.

If you are really worried about being hurt from falling down, the best bet is to wear a helmet. Head injuries can be serious.

16. NeonLights

NeonLights Loaded Pockets

I often have my pockets full of other things and digging past keys, a phone, and other stuff to find a knife can be a pain, I don't like pocket clips (too easy to rub up against things like cars and scratch them), sometimes I wear shorts or pants without pockets or with very loose pockets that would allow stuff to fall out easily, and I drive a lot, and belted in to a car it is a lot easier to pull a knife from a sheath attached to a neck-chain than fish one out of a pocket. I also frequently carry an Arc AAA flashlight on a titanium chain around my neck, but not in the shower :p

FWIW, a couple of my favorite neck knives are the Buck Hartsook and AG Russell Hunter Scalpel. I also have the Becker Necker, but it is a little bigger than I prefer for typical neck carry.

17. ironmike86

ironmike86 Loaded Pockets

Rat Cutlery Izula. The small one in the pic
    http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f98/ironmike86/Knife%20stuff/DSC06761.jpg
    There warranty. Do yourself a favor and research the Izula on Ytube
    No Questions Asked Warranty. If you screw it up, break it, or cut it in two with a cutting torch, send it back and we'll replace it. Warranty is transferable. In other words, we warranty the knife no matter how many times it's been traded, sold or given away. We don't ask for a sales receipt, date of purchase or where you bought the knife - No fine print and no hassles. If you have a problem

18. 1daggerz

1daggerz Empty Pockets

I sent a blade blank in the shape I wanted to Mike Tamboli and he did the rest, works great.
    Stephan

[​IMG]

19. maddawg918

maddawg918 Loaded Pockets

Another necker fan here. :iagree:

I've got around 30 or so neckers, many that have been listed already, a Spyderco Spot, couple Beckers, some by David Farmer, an Ivan Campos, a Butch Harner, a couple Mikro Canadians set up for neck carry, one by Dan Koster, an ML knives bird and trout necker, a Snitch, a Gossman psk, a couple that were mods by Scott Tanguay, a Blind Horse, and a few other customs.

20. Finnigan

Finnigan Loaded Pockets

I just received my CKC Hiker about a week ago and so far I'm very happy with it. Currently I have it set up for horizontal belt carry and it is situated where the handle is over my belt buckle and under my shirt.

PS. bare in mind, this is NOT stainless. It is L6 tool steel. So far I haven't had any problems with rust on this or my Svord Peasant knife, which this is based on. Also, ~$40 for a semi-custom made, internationally shipped GREAT piece of steel, AND a kydex sheath, AND it even comes with a neck chain; you can't go wrong.

http://www.sellyourknife.com/ckchiker.html

[​IMG]