1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Small Multitool w/ Wire Strippers

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by OsirisProtocol, Apr 28, 2016.

1. OsirisProtocol

OsirisProtocol Empty Pockets

Massive Edit:
    I found a deal on a LM Surge in Black Oxide that I couldn't pass up so I opted for that over the Swiss Tool.

While I wait for the Surge I got to thinking about a smaller tool for wire stripping that would be a little quicker to work with than the Surge would be. Sticking with LM initially I found the Squirt ES4. I would probably mod one with different scissors as that seems to be a common problem on them. That said are there any other multitools out there with a wire stripper setup like the Squirt that I may have missed from another brand? Thanks for any help.

Last edited by OsirisProtocol, Apr 28, 2016
  2. Loc-Nar

Loc-Nar Loaded Pockets

I know SOG makes a multitool with swappable tools (wire stripper being one of them), but if your looking to save on space the Leatherman may be your best bet. If your looking for a dedicated wire stripper, I've always used Klein tools for my electrical needs.

"Cooler than a cucumber in a bowl of hot sauce."

3. adnj

adnj Loaded Pockets

It really depends on what you want them for. I have a lot if different wire strippers. Working on a house, audio speakers, circuit board, ethernet cable, automotive, cattle fencing, etc., they all have a preferred tool. The ES4, SOG Powertool and SOG Kilowatt have all worked well for me . But my "just in case" wire stripper is always a folding utility knife with a blade just sharp enough to cut through the insulation.

4. BenVal76

BenVal76 Empty Pockets

I never found the Sog Kilowatt to be very practical. I use the Leatherman Squirt ES4. It is actually quite useful. I wish they made it in a little larger size, maybe like the Juice. I have looked high and low for a decent wire stripping tool to compliment my Surge. The Squirt helps me out in a pinch. I always have my Kliens in the truck for real electrical tasks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. OsirisProtocol

OsirisProtocol Empty Pockets

I ended up ordering the ES4. Definitely wanted to stick with something a little smaller although if LM did make a model in a Juice size I'd be all for it. Thanks for the feedback guys!

6. chas353
    • In Omnia Paratus

chas353 Loaded Pockets

I've carried the ES4 for almost 2 years very handy we use small gauge wire on our equipment at work down to down to size 22.