1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Small keychain bottle opener

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by appletree_man, Jan 1, 2008.

1. appletree_man

appletree_man Empty Pockets

My problem is solved :thumbsup:
    Thanks to a SOSAK member i've now got the multi-tool part from a scrap Vic Rambler clipped on my Vic Exective. Best of both worlds :ready:

2. Brules

Brules Loaded Pockets

I talked to Anchor Brewing and they agreed to charge me only $2.00 for shipping for the ti bottle openers.

3. Robert Wilcox

Robert Wilcox Empty Pockets

very cool, very light...

EDITED out links.

4. bpa

bpa Loaded Pockets

+1 on the Anchor Steam bottle opener. It's the best I've ever used, better than my prybaby. It's light, and sized perfectly for my keyring.

5. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

Where you going to tell us that you own that business? Nice bumping something from Jan 2008 to get this in.

Last edited by JonSidneyB, Aug 22, 2012
  6. NosHusky

NosHusky Loaded Pockets

I dont usually use a bottle opener anymore even though i should. Ive gotten into the counter chipping habit of slapping the cap on the counter (actually hard to do in the trial and error stage, not every beer is capped the same way). I love bottle opener threads

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using Tapatalk 2

7. Robert Wilcox

I did not intentionally bump anything - sorry 'bout that. I am a partner at Cranky Monkee and we have just started up making these openers - thought the edc community would appreciate them more than anybody. Instead I just got flamed and my wrist slapped. )Well, at least I didn't run over a huge dog poop with the lawnmover like I did yesterday). Again - very sorry about the breach not really familiar with the etiquette and it won't happen again.

8. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

You don't need to go. We just need to talk. Most forums react to what appears to be shilling. This was border line. The issue is this kind of behavior makes it harder to keep forums open.

9. rickinFL

rickinFL Loaded Pockets

Thank God this got bumped. I wanted that Anchor Steam opener but not for 11.00 UPS shipping. I called them just like the above 4 year old post and got the USPS option! SWEET.

10. Analog.Upload

Analog.Upload Loaded Pockets

because of editing and shill acquisitions i had to google cranky monkee and I like what I see and knowing that someone involved with the company cares enough to tell us *something we can no longer see* about it makes me want to know more about what looks like a pretty sweet bottle opener. so if its not against some rules that I dont know of could you tell us more about it?

11. Robert Wilcox

....ok...stumbling into dark territory here but it's a product we have just launched...called the keyshark...just so everyone knows I am a partner and mechanical engineer at the company that makes it (cranky monkee, inc.) and I designed the thing - it took about 40 iterations to get the weight down to the 1.07 grams, and to get the shape just right so it uses your keys for leverage, and doesn't hurt your finger. Hopefully nobody else will set my butt on fire for typing in response to your inquiry! If any admin people object to this post please feel free to delete it... :)

12. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

We just need to talk.

13. NosHusky

NosHusky Loaded Pockets

I think sending any current users of this topic a copy of your tool for free would really point out that you are not spamming ;)

Ludwell01 likes this.
  14. Sodacose

Sodacose Loaded Pockets

Ok, resurrecting an old thread because I actually bought the unintentionally shilled bottle opener referred to here (this thread was my first introduction to the forum through a Goggle search, too). It is, as advertised, tiny. I like the look of it and functionally it works fine. My only potential gripe is that it's made of aluminum and so may not hold up as well as Ti or steel over time. But at $7 each shipped, I can buy a half a dozen and hang them from every zipper in my wardrobe for the cost of a more premium metal.

[​IMG]