1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Small frame Oakleys?

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by DemskeetSkeet, Jul 30, 2011.

1. DemskeetSkeet

DemskeetSkeet Loaded Pockets

Hello there! I am looking for those who are into the sunglasses world.

I'm going to be new to the sunglasses market as I have corrective lenses that I don't need very often anymore(I've worn glasses since I was 4 or 5 years old).

I have a smaller face and would like to get some Oakley sunglasses but they all seem to big for my face and take up a lot of cheek and/or eyebrow.

I would like just Black frames in Matte or gloss(Polarized lenses).

Does anyone have any recommendations on where to purchase online and if there are even Black Small Frame Oakleys?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Take care
    -Matt

2. Soulriot
    • Administrator
    • +1 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

Soulriot EDCF Rule Enforcer
    Staff Member

No suggestions on where to buy, but try the fives, their one of the smaller sized ones, also if it's still made the Gascan S is worth a shot. You might also want to try the Asian fit.

3. KeyeEl

KeyeEl EDC Junkie!!!!!

4. DemskeetSkeet

I've purchased from Zappos before so that is cool but don't care for either of those glasses. I'll check to see what else they offer on there website.

It's so hard to tell what works for me because my face is bit small for my head.

The Asian fitted glasses might work but it's hard to tell without trying them on and Zappos offers a 1 year return policy or something like that.

Thanks!

5. DemskeetSkeet

I don't see the Gascan S but I do see Gascan's on Oakley's website. Are they the same size as the s you are speaking of?

6. generationlost

generationlost Loaded Pockets

If there is one near you, I would recommend going to an Oakley store and trying on different sunglasses. Honestly, that is the best way to find out if a pair of sunglasses fit you and if you like the way it looks on you.

On a side note, if all you want is a mirrored lens and not so much the glare-eliminating polarization then go for an "iridium lens" (i.e. black iridium lens). polarized lenses cost about $40-$60 more.

7. DemskeetSkeet

Thanks! After doing some research I think I'd rather go with polarized over anything else lens wise.

There are no Oakley stores within driving distance so that stinks.....

I'd rather go to the store to try on some gascan or the Fuel Cell.

I am disappointed that I don't see the Gascan S anywhere but eBay(could be fakes).

Does anyone know how to tell real from fakes on the Gascan S?

8. Valerian

Valerian Tea-powered admin

What s/he said. I have a pair of Whiskers, which someone below called small and I don't think they are that small. Plenty on temple clearance at least for me. Due to the curvature, they are much larger than regular flatter sunglasses, but they sit closer to and wrap around your face, so they don't look so large when worn. Unfortunately, trying them on is the only way to know how they'll fit you.

9. nuphoria

nuphoria Loaded Pockets

My head is reasonably small and I have the Polarised Scalpels - fit me very well.

I did however, go try lots on at a store.... you really should try and get to one sometime as these are NOT a cheap purchase!

10. Soulriot
    • Administrator
    • +1 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

Soulriot EDCF Rule Enforcer
    Staff Member

I guess the gascan s is discontinued, sorry. The bottle cap is another smaller sized frame.

11. Max Archer

Max Archer Loaded Pockets

Do you have a nearby REI? They have a decent selection of Oakleys that you could check out, as well as several other brands with a similar style.

12. niagaratac

niagaratac Loaded Pockets

Oakley Cross-hair 2.0, mine have custom R28 brown polarized HD lenses.

My friend is a rep and he personally placed every model and color lenses on my face. These are truly customized feel for my small face.

Love them, get a hard case.

13. DemskeetSkeet

unfortunately not, there are some little shops that have a select few and I'm hoping that their still could be some Gascan S out there.

Hopefully this week sometime.

Thank you all.

14. emt1231

emt1231 Loaded Pockets

I have a pretty small head also. the half jacket fits very nicely, but comes with just black polarized not mirror

15. generationlost

Real oakleys should have the words "Made in the USA CE" on the inner part of the right arm of the sunglasses. There are a lot of fakes out there; try to buy from reputable stores. If it doesn't seem right, then don't take the chances, especially when you're paying over $100 for them.

16. Municipal_Jedi

Municipal_Jedi Loaded Pockets

You could also check out Lenscrafters they are authorized Oakley dealers and will often order anything you want. I believe Sunglass Hut will do the same.

17. Mr_Moe

Mr_Moe Loaded Pockets

As was said before, the Bottlecap might be worth a try. Is there a possibility that one of the shops in your area could order pairs for you to try? The problem is that you never know which models fit you and which don't. I remember looking at the website and reading the descriptions as to size and that but when I tried them on in a store they fit much differently than I had imagined. There's a great chance that you order some and in the end have to return them.

18. DemskeetSkeet

I am working mad hours this week so I don't think I will be able to get out and about to the little stores around town. There is a bicycle shop with an indoor track and everything that sells oakleys. I am hoping they have a pair of gascans or some asian fit glasses.

If anyone else has some model names that are smaller I would greatly appreciate it.

Anyone have a Matte Black pair of glasses from Oakley?

I found some on youtube but I wanted to hear someones thoughts on the Matte finish.

Thank you all very much!

19. jeeves3443

jeeves3443 Loaded Pockets

Have a look at the 'tightrope' I love mines and I've got a narrow skull. Definitely splurge on the polarized lenses. Though, they can make it somewhat difficult to read/see through a cellphone/electronic devices screen. Not really a big deal for me though, so I wouldn't complain.

Also, I would not recommend buying shades w/o being able to try them on.

Are you set on Oakleys? There are some very nice brands w/equally 'quality' lenses for far FAR less than the Oakley brand. Take your time and find a brand/style that suit you well. Patience, young glass hopper.

'Asian fit' I'm pretty sure it means the dimensions are a tad wider. It's on their website and it's why you should really try to get to a B&M store to try on the line/style you like. You might even find that you look great in a pair that you wouldn't have given two thoughts about.

20. generationlost

ehh, I take back what I said in my previous post. Now I'm not sure if all of their shades have "Made in USA" written on them.

I have fives squared sunglasses and apparently it's for smaller faces. I would say I have a medium sized face, maybe a little wide; and the fives squared are pretty snug on my face, so you might want to check out those.

I'm also considering getting a new pair of oakleys. Right now I'm looking at the jurys, but I'm trying to justify paying $190 for them :broke: