1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

small folding knife suggestions please!

Discussion in 'Knives' started by hex, Apr 11, 2016.

1. dischu

dischu Loaded Pockets

Just ordered :dance:
    I have ordered at amazon.de with some additional stuff and there were two product pictures. One without and one with the 2 additional holes in the blade for the Chad Los Banos logo. I have asked and I should get the one without the holes. Hopefully. As I know this is the new version and I don´t like these design holes.

Daywalker likes this.
  2. Adahn

Adahn Loaded Pockets

The new OKC logo is a reason for me not to get another RAT folder ;)

thatotherguy and Daywalker like this.
  3. Daywalker
    • In Omnia Paratus

Daywalker EDC Junkie!!!

Mahalo dischu!

Yes, the one with the holes...those were placed there in the event the user had to remove the stud for whatever reason, and by doing so, the blade would have my "three dot logo" on it for looks as well as a grip point to open two handed. That version is a 1st Gen. I need to get one of those because I had given mine away to a dear friend who is moving to Germany soon.

I like the Satin XS. I mean, I have the OD version you just bought, but man...there's something just "classy looking" about that Satin version!:D I AM trying to convince Boker to skeletonize the liners to lighten up the XS, but...we'll see.

Thanks and be safe!

Adahn, Water-Rat and dischu like this.
  4. dischu

dischu Loaded Pockets

Daywalker

As I know when you remove the stud this hole is bigger than the other two holes. So it won´t look like the three dots of the Chad Los Banos logo. That´s what I read in another forum. My XS is still on the way.

Yes, satin and black G10 look classy but nearly all of my folders are satin + black handles and I like something different this time. And the XS should be a user. I like them with stonewashed finish because you don´t see every mark on the blade at once.
    Stonewashed + green G10 looks so ...... grunge ;) I like that.

Skeletonized liners would be a good idea to improve the Boker Plus XS. Maybe in a third version?