1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Small Fixed Blade Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Knives' started by BH1983, Aug 22, 2017.

1. jds1

jds1 Loaded Pockets

I second that!

[​IMG]

Jeff

2. Dingle1911

Dingle1911 Loaded Pockets

I recently purchased a Spyderco ARK with H1 steel. I wore it for a week in salt water and they are right, it will not rust. It is a small easy to carry fixed blade. The shed geometry makes for a nice slicer. I have the pain edge version, the steel is soft and loses a shaving edge quickly, but it is also super easy to sharpen. I typically give it 20 strokes on the ceramic rod at the end of each day.

3. glouglou

glouglou Loaded Pockets

Reaceave à Wilkins thorn yesterday. For sure a real good knife. Flat light sharp and well in hand. I ighly recommande it.

4. calvinw

calvinw Loaded Pockets

IMHO, I like the Esee Izula, but it's not optimal for EDC. it has a thick stock and thick convex grind out of the box, which makes it terrible for slicing. It will open packages (even keys will cut tape) but it's terrible for things like slicing an apple. It makes for a good day hike knife - small, lightweight, robust. But I don't think it's the perfect budget EDC - considering both blade grind and expense.

If you're looking for something cheap and EDC-useable, I would consider the CRKT Folts Minimalist line. The Bowie would work well. I personally like wharncliffes for EDC.

In the line of small EDC, on my list (at this point, I buy mostly on looks, and I love the look of these) is the Boker Gnome and the Becker Necker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. trfkcop

trfkcop Loaded Pockets

They make a stainless Izula, not the best steel for a knife, but mine has never rusted in East Tennessee. My $.02

6. BH1983

BH1983 Empty Pockets

After working in the yard this weekend with my mora companion I broke down and ordered an eldris. Seems small with a decent handle and of steel that should hold up to the elements. Hope I enjoy it as it seems to have good reviews on the web.

7. G39

G39 Loaded Pockets

Schrade SCHF57. Tough little fixed blade. Or a Buck Maverick. Both are great for the size and price.

8. this_is_nascar

this_is_nascar Loaded Pockets

Please keep us posted on this. I've been thinking about one of these myself.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

9. jds1

jds1 Loaded Pockets

You're gonna love it!

[​IMG]

Jeff