1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Small Cord

Discussion in 'Do-It-Yourself & Gear Modifications' started by MBurke, Mar 25, 2016.

1. MBurke

MBurke Empty Pockets

Hello, I am looking for some small cord to use for zipper pulls. I have seen some small (1/8 or smaller) cord used on some zipper pulls on coat and jackets. I know North Face uses some of it for their zipper pulls. I don't know if its nylon or what its made of. Any one have any ideas ? Small paracord ?

[​IMG]

Thanks,
    Mike

BERSERKER101 likes this.
  2. dischu

dischu Loaded Pockets

Yes, I would use paracord in the color, length and thickness you like. If you donĀ“t like a knot you can use different stoppers instead. Usually I buy them on ebay.
    Check out micro paracord (1mm) or type 1 paracord (2mm).

3. asemery

asemery Loaded Pockets

90 or 125 paracord is very nice for small projects where 450 paracord is too bulky

JoshTF likes this.
  4. 8Jean

8Jean Loaded Pockets

Have a look at Atwood Rope's Nano and Micro cord. I've been impressed with the quality and range of colors available.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PragmaticMurphyist likes this.
  5. neo71665

neo71665 Loaded Pockets

I get most of my stuff from paracord planet. They might not be the cheapest (far from the highest) but they have been the fastest shipped to my door I've dealt with. I normally deal with them through amazon as they are a buck or 2 cheaper on there with free shipping compared to their website.

6. JoshTF

JoshTF Loaded Pockets

This, it's smaller then normal paracord but works perfect for projects like you're looking for.

7. MBurke

MBurke Empty Pockets

Thanks for the suggestions. I didn't know that paracord was made that small....well I didn't know it was called Paracord any way.

Thanks again

8. sol92258

sol92258 Loaded Pockets

These suggestions, plus....I have been known to scavenge the cord from old window blinds, it's pretty small, and strong enough for what I've used it for, including zipper pulls.

9. JoshTF

JoshTF Loaded Pockets

That's actually a really good idea, never thought about cannibalizing window blinds. I bet you could even dye them really easy to get different color options.

10. Blitzwing
    • In Omnia Paratus

Blitzwing Loaded Pockets

Hobby lobby has some.. Just picked up some orange recently

11. sol92258

sol92258 Loaded Pockets

Probably, I've given it thought, but haven't tried it yet. But, I also have far more green cord than white, as our house had green blinds in it when we bought it, once we saved up enough to replace them all I salvaged what I could from them before throwing them out.

12. parnass

parnass Loaded Pockets

I use bright yellow braided mason's line for similar projects, including lanyards for the smallest flashlights and knives.

The twisted variety is more common, but I prefer braided. It might be a little thinner than what you want. Check it out in the tool section of home center or farm supply store.