1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Small belt pouch for Leatherman Wave

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by echo victor, Jul 1, 2017.

1. echo victor

echo victor Previously "YankeeHotelFoxtrot"

Hi All

I want to carry the Wave horizontally on my belt. I do have a small pouch, but it has a Velcro field on the flap. This will be carried at work so I don't want to use a patch and the Velcro will grab on stuff. Any ideas or suggestions? It will have to be black. A snug fit is best.
    Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2. aasoverteakettle

aasoverteakettle Loaded Pockets

You could look into making one yourself. A sewing machine is an amazing tool when nobody seems to make the exact the thing I want. Also, your local leather goods person can make you whatever you want. It'll be pricey, but probably a good lifetime investment. When I got married, I bought Waves for my groomsmen. My local leather guy was willing to make me whatever I wanted for $60 each. That was a little too pricey for me, so I ended up getting the Waves engraved and spent the additional money on whiskey and waterproof stuff sacks for them. But I still want to get a custom leather sheath for myself. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lnytunes likes this.
  3. indigo_wolf

indigo_wolf AKA Breezy

Googling "leatherman wave horizontal sheath" will turn up several on Etsy. They are leather and use a snap rather than velcro. They run about $40.

ATB,
    Sam

4. aasoverteakettle

aasoverteakettle Loaded Pockets

I can't believe I have never looked on Etsy for a Wave sheath. So many good ones!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. echo victor

thanks for that Indigo.... In the interim, I was thinking that the pouch I have fits the Leatherman perfectly. I can store both the Wave and my small sebenza (in its leather sleeve). Does anyone know where I can get a blank black velcro-backed material to simply cover the patch's velcro field? I guess what I'm thinking of is a blank black patch.

In the meantime, I'll have a look at Etsy.

{sounds of brain mulling things over)

6. echo victor

Thanks for the tip, Sam

7. indigo_wolf

indigo_wolf AKA Breezy

Amazon or your local fabric/crafts store.

If I you are just trying to "disable" the velcro on the existing sheath that you are probably looking for velcro without the adhesive backing, so I would search for "non-adhesive" or "sew-on" in the product description. The other problem is that you probably want a small quantity and not the 100 yard bulk rolls.

A quick search on Amazon turns up "4" Black Sew On Hook and Loop - 12"of Hook 12" of Loop Per Package" for $4.68 with Prime shipping. you can probably find smaller quantities locally or they might have them on rolls that they will cut to a minimum length.

ATB,
    Sam

8. echo victor

Sam. Thanks for the tip and a Happy Fourth of July to you and yours, and to everyone in there EDCF community!

9. indigo_wolf

indigo_wolf AKA Breezy

Right back at you ;)

ATB,
    Sam

10. ItsHardToKnow

ItsHardToKnow Loaded Pockets

You can get the velcro at a local craft or fabric store - its what i did on my TimBuk2 so that it wouldnt engage the velcro

It's quite cheap and comes with both sides, keep it for later, use it for a different project.

OR
    As some others have said - make your own? I started toying with making leather sheaths for my leatherman tools recently and it isnt too hard at all!

11. echo victor

All,

I took Sam's advice and bought this:

4" Black Sew On Hook and Loop - 12"of Hook 12" of Loop Per Package" for $4.68 with Prime shipping

I rec'd it yesterday and slapped a piece on the pouch. I will say that the pouch juuuuust fits the Wave and the Small Sebenza. What made it a tight fit is the leather sleeve I bought to protect the sebenza. But, they both squeeze in there and the pouch is now on my belt.

thanks to all for the time and suggestions.

YHF

12. medved

medved Loaded Pockets

Will Wave fit into Charge sheath? I have a nylon Charge sheath and it's perfect for horizontal carry.

13. echo victor

I don't have a Charge, but, in case this helps, a Wave fits a Skeletool sheath. Those 2 are basically the same dimensions.

In looking at the dimensions is the Wave and Charge, they are identical in length - 4". Unless the Charge is very much wider than the Wave, I think the fit will work.

I'm trying to fit the Wave AND the small Sebenza into a pouch that I have. This arrangement seems to work, although the pouch tends to lean vertically away from my body. There isn't an adjustment to correct this, as the pouch belt loops are as tight as possible.