1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Small affordable flashlight in matt titanium

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by aicolainen, Jan 2, 2019.

1. 4sound

4sound Empty Pockets

I know Reylight. I have the Brass Pineapple v1 (1xAA). I use 14500 in it. It's one of my favorite lights. I put a Trit in the tail.
    The Ti LAN is obviously smaller (being AAA), Ti and has a bunch more Trit slots.
    Raylight are solid builds at a decent price. I see Reylight between "mass produced" and customs market.
    IMO these are fun/show lights rather than for EDC.

@OP - you might want to look at the -
    Astrolux Ti3A Titanium Nichia 219C
    It is an AAA light with a twist on (not tail button) & a trit slot in the tail (if you want to get really fancy). It's not rated to run with 10400's though.
    or
    DQG XP-G2 Tiny AAA/10440 Titanium
    Also a twist with trit slot in the tail

Last edited by 4sound, Jan 10, 2019
    #21 4sound, Jan 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  2. aicolainen

aicolainen Loaded Pockets

The ReyLight Ti mini arrived today, and with the Preon Mk III that arrived some weeks ago, I think that concludes my search for a AAA titanium light in matt finish.

The Preon is a wee bit larger than the Tool AAA, with pretty similar performance, but feels like a higher quality product and especially the switch seems much harder to accidentally activate.

The ReyLight is a wee bit larger than the Preon, but still maintains the true feel of a AAA light. It has a Li-ion power source and seems to more than make up for its larger size in output. To early to roll the dice, but seems like a very potent light.

[​IMG]

jag-engr, BigGreenTick and twin63 like this.
  3. el_murdoque

el_murdoque Loaded Pockets

4. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

5. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

Thanks for that picture! I currently EDC a brass Lumintop Tool (from Massdrop), but I have been eyeing the AAA Reylight because it adds a trit slot and 10440 support.