1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

small AAA

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by Xiii, Sep 26, 2013.

1. LogicBob

LogicBob Loaded Pockets

It sounds like you don't own (or haven't ownED) many lights? You definitely have to find YOUR taste and, the only way to do that, IMO, is to make an educated decision and then start USING whatever you bought. You're going to discover what you like and what you don't like.

Example, years ago, when I realized that there was more to keychain lights than the Maglite Solitaire, I ended up with a black, aluminum Fenix LD01. I loved the size, the output, and the interface, but I hated how it got scratched up and looked worn (which some people love), so a year or so later, I got a stainless steel LD01. Perfect, right? Yeah, until the weight of the stainless steel started wearing on me, a year or two after that. Now I have a DQG Ti Vii on order...

Anyway, I would just say, don't hold out for that PERFECT light. There are so many good lights, and resale values are not bad, so I doubt you'll really regret buying this light or that light. (Just don't buy the Maglite Solitaire! LOL!)

Xiii likes this.
  2. Xiii
    • In Omnia Paratus

Xiii Loaded Pockets

i know i dont have a lot of experience with flashlights, not a big choice here and prices incredibly inflated, my other problem is I am a hands on sort of person, in that i mean i have to touch and see what i am buying. even at stores that sell a lot of what has been recomended do not have them on shelf, you have to order them.
    Xiii

3. Blerv

Blerv Loaded Pockets

As a side-note...any AAA light you can find in a brick & mortar store these days is probably not worth buying (In my snobby opinion :p).

Most of the twisty AAA's are pretty similar in materials, execution, and output. In a perfect world you would pick the general form factor and LED tint and trust the rest will deliver. Functionally, having a light vs not having one is the biggest difference someone can make. :)

I'm excited for Dark Sucks' new AAA kickstarter (5 days left if you want to jump on it). If shopping off the web I would probably look at something from Klarus as I understand the quality to be outstanding and the forum shop has them in stock. Other offerings from Olight, Fenix, and Foursevens are great too.

My all-time favorite is the Peak Eiger but it's a bit less conventional than the ones mentioned.

4. Xiii
    • In Omnia Paratus

Xiii Loaded Pockets

I am very new to all this internet purchasing but have recently taken the plunge. For a few years now i have purchase parts for my HD from the US but i have been able to see them on another bike or on the net on the same model as mine.
    But with flashlights and other edc items i dont know any one other than on this forum, that i can ask or get opinions. I will after the advice given on this thread definatley buy one or more of the flashlights recomended. Postage is the killer for me.Its not bad from edcf store.
    I have had postage prices as high as $200 for somthing that costs $20 -30 ( they say its compulsory insurance handling fees and even special packaging for international parcels) its rubbish and the prices have only gone that high in the last 18 months or so, especially from the US. It hasnt changed much at all from asia or Europe.
    Xiii

5. Blerv

Blerv Loaded Pockets

Many of these lights have international dealers. I would certainly hunt around even if it means going through a place like Amazon.co.uk

6. rickboone

rickboone Loaded Pockets

No, it means that a tool not in your possession when you need it is of no use to you. It's no good. If you break down and need something to strip the wire on your battery and clean the terminal and connection and all you have is a flathead and a pocket knife, that's better than anything else. Why? Because it's there! With you! And usable. Is it ideal? Perhaps not your first choice, but it works and it beats walking.
    It's only useful/ good if you have it available to use.

7. LogicBob

LogicBob Loaded Pockets

Yeah, OK, but how does that even begin to answer the OP's question???

8. Renegade Style

Renegade Style Loaded Pockets

9. derfyled

derfyled Loaded Pockets

General warning:

The newest TI DQG AAA is receiving a lot of bad reviews on CPFMP. It seems like their QC is not as good as it used to be, plus the dealer does not seem to answer people very fast about these issues.

I have no experience with that newest version but I do have some with the latest stainless steel one. My advice: stay away from the newest TI one for a while, until they fix these issues but don't hesitate about the stainless one.

10. FuriousGeorge

FuriousGeorge Loaded Pockets

I haven't seen anyone mention the Titanium Innovations IlluminaTi. It's an older light, but I'm still happy with mine. I think I'm coming up on 4 years of daily carry next month.

11. tmedina

tmedina EDC Junkie!!!!!

Inova has a new model out, the "Inova XS" - runs on a single AAA battery. Two mode, twisty activation with a push button.

So far, I kind of like it - I'm still getting over my fundamental distrust of Inova though, even after being bought out by Nite Ize.

12. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

What light is this? I can't read the label.

13. xbanker
    • Administrator

xbanker Geriatric Admin
    Staff Member

Darkvim

14. LogicBob

LogicBob Loaded Pockets

Ugh... Great.

15. Renegade Style

Renegade Style Loaded Pockets

@jag-engr
    it is the Darkvim SK-C30 , a very light keychain light with one AAA, it is very bright and only 7,50 €