1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Slingshots!

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by Sharpdogs, Nov 20, 2006.

1. Andy Wayne

Andy Wayne Loaded Pockets

I good hunting ammo is round lead balls like are used in a muzzleloader. You can buy them, or you can buy a mold and get scrap lead and melt them yourself. Large fishing sinkers would also work, though not fly quite so straight.

2. yam350

yam350 Loaded Pockets

I think the Black Widow was made by Barnett the crossbow people but I'm not certain, I do know that one of those with 3/8" ball bearings will take care of a rabbit. Back in the nineties in the UK we had a plague of them, they dug holes all over my horse grazing so I used to shoot them a couple of times a week.
    You can't buy them in Spain so I got a friend to bring me one back in his truck last time he went to the UK. We have Podenco hunting dogs the locals allow to roam free in the winter, two of those will rip a cat to pieces or even a small dog, at my workshop we have one of each, so I use almonds, as they grow all over the place here, to see off the dogs.

3. swordscholar

swordscholar Empty Pockets

I remember when I was a kid I saw in the back of some magazine (can't remember now) a metal bracket for sale that was designed to be mounted in between the metal limbs. It claimed to allow an arrow and its fletching to pass by--thereby turning that slingshot into a bow/crossbow of some sort. I can't imagine that it would have had the "punch" of a real bow, but in its simplicity it seemed like a pretty neat and novel idea at the time. I don't know how well it worked (or if at all), but I was always envisioning all these survival situations using this modification of this basic tool.

4. copierguy_mobile

copierguy_mobile Loaded Pockets

Never could hit anything with one myself but I thought some of you slingshot veterans would enjoy this VIDEO. He's just an old country boy that loves his "bean shooters".

-Greg

Wow, just noticed... this is a really old thread

5. yam350

yam350 Loaded Pockets

Wow! What a nice unassuming old boy and THE BEST with a sling shot. Incredible!

6. DiabloSc(+)pe

DiabloSc(+)pe Loaded Pockets

Yea ! A Year and a half ago The Mexican The Government Took their (POLICIA)guns away , searched their House's , found that some lived very lavish lifestyles ,Cars , Boats , Homes , Stolen Property . since they only made what a Teenage fry cook makes on his first Job ;D ........ which prompted their search and seizure . reports were that they (POLICIA) were robbing tourists , stealing property , raping women , :mad: and not the bandits that they themselves were looking for . few sting OPS and they had their answer's , So the guns were taken for Forensic Identification , Which made the Indians (LOCAL GANGS & Mexican Cartel ) Untouchable , since their Weapons are in abundance anyway .

my Grandfather used to buy us slingshots everytime went to Visit him almost every weekend in Mexico ;D . Rocks were everywhere , and since he recycled glass for his restaurant he set them on a wall for My Brother & I :highfive: to shoot at :evilgrin: , we also had to pick up and put into barrels for the recyclers to take , O0

7. Chambers

Chambers Empty Pockets

****** THREAD!!!

Morning guys. I have been developing a serious interest in slingshots lately and have a Dankung on order. Don't know if anyone is still interested in slingshots but these have recently caught my eye. Small, stainless steel and paracord (can you ever go wrong with that combo) and they seem to be capable of everything from plinking to taking small game.

www.dankung.com should get you there, if not google dankung. It seems to me to be a different style of shooting than typical western shooting, where you grip it hammer fist. Thoughts, experience, advice?

8. Mike Grandin

Mike Grandin Loaded Pockets

Chambers, THANKS for posting that site!!! Awsome sling shots!! And reasonably priced to!

9. Cervantes

Cervantes Loaded Pockets

10. able_man
    • In Omnia Paratus

able_man Loaded Pockets

I don't know what this thread is about because I haven't seen it before, but I'm drunk and going to say I have a slingshot made out of skateboard and a rubber band and it's awesome.

11. sveqs

sveqs Loaded Pockets

this is a cool thread... don't know if these are legal around here tho

gstojinovic likes this.
  12. petercrowell

petercrowell Loaded Pockets

I haven't thought about my wrist rocket in about 30 years.

Gonna buy another one.

13. knuckleduster1

knuckleduster1 Loaded Pockets

I have a Barnett Diablo, has stabilizers and sights. Bought the kids some slingshots last year and we take them to the lake so they canshoot at buoys. Made a sling bow based on Dave Canterbury's design - a whisker biscuit secured to a slingshot to shoot arrows. Can see on Youtube

14. Ken_B

Ken_B Empty Pockets

Look for YouTube videos by user JoergSprave. Unbelievable!

Ken

15. Thirston

Thirston Loaded Pockets

You guys are so bad for my wallet. Just read this thread then spent a couple of hours reading over at Slingshot Forum. A+ should be sending me a Rough n' Ready PS2 very soon :)

16. Highwaychild

Highwaychild Loaded Pockets

I saw a video of Dave Canterbury using His(pathfinder school) slingshot to shoot arrows, quite effectively too. He claims it'll bring down a deer...

17. chavez

chavez Loaded Pockets

I had many slingshots as a kid (the cats next door hated me). The last one I had was one I bought my son when he was much younger (maybe 6 years ago). I think it was a Crosman? I recall pulling back really hard and the rubber tube broke and I punched myself in the lip with the back of my hand. Color me embarrassed. Left the thing in the storage shed. Haven't used one since. Shame. Might have to dig around for it.