1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

slingshot EDC

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by cubegleamer, Aug 28, 2011.

1. cubegleamer

cubegleamer Loaded Pockets

I recently stumbled across this forum for slingshot enthusiasts. After checking out some of the videos I was amazed at the marksmanship of these guys. I thought some of you would appreciate this video for a compact/foldable slingshot & arrow that would be great in a BOB for small game and fishing.

2. bladeblabber

bladeblabber Loaded Pockets

i used to shoot slingshots a lot, i hunted small game with them to. there was a time when i could hit a can from about 20 yards away consistantly.

3. mikey

mikey Banned

This is good timing as a few days ago I was looking for the "black widow" slingshot I used to have because I thought it would be something to hang on to, EDC wise!

By the way, never found it....:(

4. cubegleamer

cubegleamer Loaded Pockets

Is this what you're looking for?

5. mikey

mikey Banned

Yeah, it did look alot like that one but my wrist parts were all black but very similiar. I like the wrist support.

6. Cervantes

Cervantes Loaded Pockets

reppans likes this.
  7. knuckleduster1

knuckleduster1 Loaded Pockets

Vwery cool! Some great tips and ideas. Anyone know where I can get bulk flat band material?

8. Jakerock

Jakerock Loaded Pockets

9. reppans

reppans Loaded Pockets

Gotta thank you for that link... I bought one of his slingshots and liked it so much, I bought several more. My first exposure to flatbands - and they are good.

I'm into all sorts for projectile shooting sports (firearms, bows, airguns, etc), but none of them are easy EDC-carry items. While I do have a CCW permit, there's just too many places where carrying a firearm would get me into way more legal trouble than, unfortunately, it will probably ever save me from.

Of course, a slingshot would be limited as a self-defense weapon**, but :censored:, it makes just about the finest ultra-portable food procurement weapon I can imagine for EDC purposes.... and I've been trying them all. In a range of 10-20yrds, I say it's as accurate as a pistol and sufficient for small game hunting. And did I mention it's just about as fun and challenging to plink with as a firearm, bow or airgun?

At a minimum, I'll certainly will be carrying flatbands and a leather pouch in my EDC emergency kit (TSA safe) at about the size/weight of a Bic lighter - it wouldn't take more than 15 mins to make a frame out of a branch. Not to mention that the bands have other useful purposes like a "spring" for an animal trap, tourniquet, pressure wound dressing, etc.

**- Double/triple up the bands, and you can shoot arrows with the thing.

(For bulk flat band material, search Theraband Gold. Store in ziplock, out of sunlight and heat, and it should last decades.)

[​IMG]

Last edited by reppans, May 22, 2012
  10. jnsn

jnsn Loaded Pockets

WOW.. i need a slingshot and never knew it.

11. kertap75

kertap75 EDC Junkie!!!!!

Has anyone ever tried a traditional sling? Like David and Goliath type? I've been thinkng about building one for a while and haven't gotten around to it yet.

12. reppans

reppans Loaded Pockets

I haven't tried one yet, that's my next project, but I really think the key is more in the bands (length/power for a given individual), the way you secure them, and your shooting technique, than it is with the frame.

Anyways, there's some fabulous natural frames.... check out the gallery in slingshotforums.com..

13. invisiblejules

invisiblejules Loaded Pockets

Take a look at www.slinging.org . I haven't been on there in a while but the forums there had a lot of info. Traditional slings are fun and even easier to edc than slingshots. Thanks for reminding me about it, Kertap! I should pick mine up again.

14. gstojinovic

gstojinovic Loaded Pockets

I should make one for me and my kid... :D