1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Sling Bags

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by hollywoodb6, Dec 13, 2010.

1. hollywoodb6

hollywoodb6 Loaded Pockets

I'm looking for a new EDC bag. I have frozen shoulders which limits their range of motion. I currently use a Jansport sling bag but I'm ready to upgrade. I like the Max Sitka and would like to know if anyone had any experience with any other sling bags.

2. iacchus

iacchus Loaded Pockets

I use a Maxped Monsoon, and like it quite a bit. It is the largest of their gearslingers though, and the teardrop design seems to be a love it or hate it thing. Gearslingers are easy to overload, but if you are okay with that, they make good single-shoulder bags.

3. Firedrow

Firedrow Loaded Pockets

I've enjoyed my Condor Slingbag. There are a couple threads here that people talk about them.

4. hollywoodb6

After a lot of research, I have narrowed down my seach to 3 bags. This is subject to change however.
    Condor Slingbag - I like the size and layout, a little worried about the quality.
    Rush 12 - Again, I like the size and layout, but not a slingbag. I can always just use one strap over my shoulder.
    Thule Crossover 19 Sling Pack - I like the unassuming look, the size is right not too sure about the layout.

I know that they are all totally different bags but out of all the bags I saw online, they all appealed to me. I need to see them in person to really get an idea of how they would work for me. I usaully fall in love with a bag and then that's that. If it wasn't for my other responsibilities, I would just buy them all and keep the winner. I now need to find local retailers who have these bags.

5. Wstan

Wstan Loaded Pockets

What model is your Jansport sling and if you're ever interested in trading it for something PM me.

6. Redbeane

Redbeane Loaded Pockets

i'm most likely responding to this too late, but i'll give my take on a couple of sling bags i own. the condor is a good bag; the organization is great. the quality seems fair (i have had no problems). the trouble with the bag lies in the amount of pockets--it's too easy to over-fill the :censored: thing. more than ten pounds in the condor becomes uncomfortable after awhile. as it is ambidextrous, you can change shoulders, however. i purchased the sitka some time after buying the condor and was immediately smitten. the quality is obviously better, and it is easier to flip to the front and use (of course, you pay for that quality). outstanding bag.
    i think you'll be pleased with either bag, but if you'll be carrying a fair amount of weight, i'd go with the rush bag.

7. Blades

Blades Loaded Pockets

Take a look at the Kelty Sling Bag, not very big.
    Arcteryx has the Quiver. There are a few choices out there. Good luck on your search.

8. carrot

carrot Loaded Pockets

I use sling bags most days. My bag of choice is a Chrome Metropolis.

9. hollywoodb6

I really like the Kelty Sling Bag but after an hour of looking, I can't find any pics of the inside(which they say has great organization) and I could only find 2 reviews that did not satisfy me one way or the other. Does anyone have this bag and or more pics?

10. spiritof76

spiritof76 Loaded Pockets

Frozen shoulders. Ouch. Been there. Don't ever want to go through that again. Took years to recover.

Have you considered a Mountainsmith lumbar pack? Their smaller ones are about the same capacity as the Kelty. Maybe not as much organization, though. And a little geekier.