1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Slanted pockets...

Discussion in 'Where, When, & How Do We Carry All This Stuff?' started by Lamamoto, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Lamamoto

Lamamoto Empty Pockets

Anyone else think slanted side pockets are annoying with clipped folders???

2. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

I assume that you are talking about the front pockets on pants?

If so, it really depends on the size of knife you're trying to carry. If the knife doesn't reach the bottom of your pocket, then it's not an issue. None of my folders are that long.

When I carry my Spyderco Swick in my pocket, though, it tends to do better in more slanted pockets.

3. MedusaOblongata

MedusaOblongata Loaded Pockets

I hate slanted or vertical pockets because they don't work well for me with the knife I always have clipped to my front pocket. And it's a pain to find nonjeans with horizontal front pockets.

4. CDavisJK

CDavisJK Loaded Pockets

I find it annoying also. I have one pair of jeans that does this in the front. Then I have another pair with a flap and button (for fashion?) on the back, making it too big for a clip. Another annoying thing is when the belt covers the 5th pocket in jeans. I guess they aren't expecting people to actually wear a belt with it? Or maybe no one else uses that pocket?

So now, when I'm trying on jeans at the store, I actually take my EDC out of my pants and put them in the new ones to see how comfortable they are with all my gear.

5. marsos52

marsos52 Loaded Pockets

yea pant pockets and knives were made for each other,,even my vertx pants that the pockets are made for knife carry arent perfect ..at least not for me they arent..

so what i do is angle my knife in the pocket so i can get the knife out at its best postition

6. keith1234
    • In Omnia Paratus

keith1234 Loaded Pockets

I have that problem carrying my Leatherman Wave in front pockets that are slanted, I'm afraid of losing it as I do a lot of bending at work.

7. TheMadTrucker

TheMadTrucker Loaded Pockets

I also dislike slanted pockets. The reason is when putting my knife in the front pocket, the knife is slanted. Not a fan of that. In the back pocket works great. Of course it may be just my pants. There 5.11 tactical.

[​IMG]
    Front pocket

[​IMG]
    Back pocket

8. critterfixer
    • In Omnia Paratus

critterfixer Loaded Pockets

I also prefer back pocket carry for my clipped folders. It also seems that the slanted front pockets are bad about dumping their contents, especially on the baggy cargo shorts that I bum around in during the summer. I've lost more than 1 space pen that way. Arggh!

9. keith1234
    • In Omnia Paratus

keith1234 Loaded Pockets

That's how I lost a flashlight clipped to the front pocket of a pair of pants with slanted pockets.

10. dewildeman

dewildeman Loaded Pockets

I guess I'm in the minority. I prefer the slanted pockets, I tend to carry large knives, Strider, Emerson, Spyderco and I think the slanted pockets give me a little more room.

11. Prætorian ®

Prætorian ® Loaded Pockets

I can live with the slanted pockets. it's those mini-hook and loops that keep them closed that annoy me more.
    The slanted pockets were designed for quick reach/pull and those hooks/loops negates that design.