1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Skinth Loadout Gallery

Discussion in 'Other Carrying Devices' started by SAKplumber, Jan 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whiteswoodworks

Whiteswoodworks Loaded Pockets

It is the p3, I crammed my Leatherman wave in there. Emphasis on crammed, but I do not own a sc.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

2. 3raser

3raser Loaded Pockets

I did it! :frantic: Can't wait to get my Skinth Plus.

scbubba and angusW like this.
  3. 11C1P
    • In Omnia Paratus

11C1P Loaded Pockets

I ordered one over 4 weeks ago, still haven't gotten any notification that it's finished or shipped. Sent them an email, see if they even respond.

4. angusW

angusW EDC Junkie!!!

Eric will make sure it gets to you 11C1P or else he wouldn't be welcomed around here. If yours doesn't get to you I'll give you two of mine :)

medic2807 and vegassprky like this.
  5. 11C1P
    • In Omnia Paratus

11C1P Loaded Pockets

I don't want yours, just want the one I paid for. I'm aware that makes me a bad guy now days, but I'm, used to it.

6. lethgar

lethgar Loaded Pockets

He's a small business making great gear. That's always worth the wait.

--sent from the phone of an angry scotsman.

7. Frenchephaistos

Frenchephaistos Loaded Pockets

Eric will be good to you as he was for everyone here. We all know the impatience of the wait, so I don't think anyone thinks you the bad guy. We would if you got your skinth and threw it out the window though.

vegassprky likes this.
  8. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

I ordered the first of the year and got notice of mine getting a shipping label over the weekend.

Last time I ordered an in stock item but it did not get shipped right away for some reason and then was at the mercy of the Canadian Post I think for a crazy length of time but I did get it eventually.

I hope mine were made to the spec I ordered and hope the quality is worth the price?

These are made when ordered(mostly) and shipped as they trickle off the line(mostly) but it would be nice to be able to get tracking info too.
    No different though than the USPS which gives info,bad info but info!

Just be ready they will show up.

9. angusW

angusW EDC Junkie!!!

Actually I don't want to give you mine :) You're not a bad guy my friend, you just want what you paid for which is understandable. I'm just easing your mind. Eric always delivers. It does take a long time sometimes but the wait is worth it.

10. PPCApache
    • In Omnia Paratus

PPCApache Banned

Try living in Perth, Western Australia it takes just as long sending it as it is to make it.. Both of my previous Skinth's (OG & Plus) have been around the 6-8 weeks. Over Christmas it was worse.

I currently have a Magnum and a L Shield coming my 3rd and 4th orders... Received both Received order and Postage emails, it's flinging it's way across to me as I type...

You just need to chill (actually I would like to chill it's been averaging around 35oC most days with a couple days being around 37-38oC) like us in WA which by the way also stands for "Wait Awhile" lol... :D

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

11. Fabregas485
    • In Omnia Paratus

Fabregas485 Loaded Pockets

The 'lag' time on Eric's products is well worth it. That being said, I have seen lag times far greater (6 months to a year) on some very basic products at work, so I consider skinth order times to be fairly quick.

PPCApache likes this.
  12. 11C1P
    • In Omnia Paratus

11C1P Loaded Pockets

I don't have a problem waiting for 6 months, just tell me up front it's going to be 6 months. If you tell me it will ship in 3-4 weeks and it doesn't ship in 4 weeks, I call that not keeping your word. All the people already making excuses for them has me even more worried.

13. John Lee Pettimore
    • In Omnia Paratus

John Lee Pettimore Loaded Pockets

Two Skinth Threads w/253 pages between them. Probably a lot of satisfied customers.There might even be a couple of impatient folks complaining sprinkled about in there. I haven't read every page. I know that I'm planning on ordering something as soon as I figure out what that something should be.

11C1P: Let me guess, you've not much experience with folks that do custom work, right?

medic2807 likes this.
  14. 16VGTIDave

16VGTIDave Loaded Pockets

Don't forget that today is a holiday for many Canadians. Family Day. I would be disappointed if Eric was reading work email, never mind replying today. Tomorrow is another day...

15. 11C1P
    • In Omnia Paratus

11C1P Loaded Pockets

Like I said, I knew I would be the bad guy for expecting to get what I paid for when promised. Yes, I've ordered custom things many times before, and usually they deliver as promised, or at least let me know that it's going to be delayed before I was expecting it. As I said before if they told me it was going to take 6 months, that would be fine, but don't tell me it's going to be 3-4 weeks, not hear a peep from you after 4 weeks has passed.

16. MangeD700
    • In Omnia Paratus

MangeD700 EDC Junkie!!!!!

I´m on my third and fourth Skinth, I live in Sweden and i havn´t had any problems, that i´ve ordered Jan.24th, i prolly have it 1st or 2nd week in March i think....

17. John Lee Pettimore
    • In Omnia Paratus

John Lee Pettimore Loaded Pockets

Perhaps I've mellowed a bit in my old age. I'm still very demanding regarding deadlines when they matter. I'm just more forgiving when it comes to small businesses and artisans for things that aren't mission-critical.

18. angusW

angusW EDC Junkie!!!

11C1P, I posted it before and here it is again right from Skinth Solutions. "Because each Skinth is made from the ground up, production time prior to shipment can take up to 3-4 weeks." In other words he never told you it will be finished and in your hands in 4 weeks. It clearly says on his site it can take up to 3-4 weeks just to make it and even then it might take longer to make. Plain English right there. Why did he write that on his site? Probably because only 1 or 2 pairs of hands are making them and at different times there is a different volume of orders. He cannot guarantee delivery time, especially outside of Canada, and he has never guaranteed delivery time like you say he did. Can't do it and he would be silly to do it. I've had custom orders before as well and they have never told me a hard date and with few if any updates. Usually when it's ready to mail is the only update.

No one is making excuses. Just facts. I have 6 or 7 Skinths with another one on the way. Never an issue. A thread full of people with no issues. Actually there's multiple threads on at least two different forums with satisfied customers.

19. Cheeser
    • In Omnia Paratus

Cheeser Hey Bub!

That gives me a yard stick then lol, will take about the same time to get to Tasmania I'm guessing :frantic:

20. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

I fixed your quote:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.