1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Skinth Loadout Gallery

Discussion in 'Other Carrying Devices' started by SAKplumber, Jan 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silver Trooper

Silver Trooper Loaded Pockets

I really wasn't going to chime in this time...really I wasn't. But the other side of me said "hell no you won't just sit there!" Eric, I commend you on your products (I am still trying to decide which one(s) I want the most, but turst me, you will get an order, maybe some custom color combos?) But I digress. The "fellows" (and I use that term very loosely) on the other forum live in a very myopic world. Like any other operation, be it large or small, there will always be startup costs, prototypes and all sorts of things that COST MONEY! Fortunately, Eric has the talent that prevented him from having to go through bolts of material to "get it right", and who is to say what is really "right"? For every person that requests a Skinth, there are many options that allow him/her to get exactly what they want. Somehow I just cringe everytime I hear someone say, "I could have done it myself" or better yet, "I could have done it myself for less money!" Fine...go do it and shut the f*&K up! Someone finally comes along that provides a quality product, with the benefit of having personal options, and what do those yahoos over there do....p&#s all over it. Frankly, they (for the most part) don't deserve your products as they probably would not appreciate them. Let them go to Maxpud or any of the other brand names to get their pouches since those companies have so much variety in their products and allow the true talents of their people show in them (yes Virginia, that was sarcasm...). It's like they left all their creativity and spontaneity at the door and just churn out clones of everyone else's products. Whew! Sorry to rant on so long but there are just some things that rub that last nerve the wrong way. Eric, keep on keepin' on as we used to say in the '70s and continue to dazzle us with each new creation. ST

2. willydigger

willydigger Loaded Pockets

My clip is fixed. Thanks for the explanation. ;D

3. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

+1
    Personally, I think Eric does this for the challenge. I don't see how he can make much profit. That stuff cost money out of pocket and my time is worth money to me. More power to ya' Eric. I'll be ordering again...one day:)

4. metropolicity

metropolicity Loaded Pockets

Thanks everyone for your CONTINUED support.

Having gone through nearly 10 years of design/art school I've grown a pretty tough skin.

The new website has brought in untold ease for me to organize the mountain of orders, in fact, this is becoming much less of a 'challenge' and more like 'paying the rent'. Yes, it costs money out my pocket, but in the end, I profit enough to get 'er done!

Not going to slander those guys at BCUSA, but it was enough fuel to get going on another model of Skinth that I am sure people will be knocking at my door for:

THE SKINTH MAGNUM | MG

I literally just posted this a minute ago:

http://skinthsolutions.com/introducing-the-skinth-magnum-mg/

I have to make the order form but yeeehaw!

[​IMG]

Smith28 likes this.
  5. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

Nice. Now I'll need MORE moneys:) Its okay, we all need more moneys:)

6. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

Metro, PLEASE do not buy a VIC SwissTool Spirit Plus Ratchet. I won't be able to stand it ;)

Looks great!

7. metropolicity

Flame War Retardent

I've tossed back and forth to get one or not. I've been asked dozens of times if it'll fit...I think its time to get a BO Spirit.

Sorry everyone, I wasn't trying to start a forum flame war, it can get out of hand when you have no face to actually see.

The thread seems to gotten a little more personal than I'd like, insulting my web/graphic design skills, apparently shoddy marketing tactics and sub-par "non-cheapskate" pricing.

It's a literal battlefield, Bushcrafters vs EDCarriers.

Time to quit the game right?

These stats say I am doing just fine, and even more ironic, there were no fewer than 5-9 site visitors from the BushcrafterUSA ALL afternoon.
    5 mins on a webpage is ETERNITY in these webtimes.

[​IMG]

To this whole thing I leave you guys with one phrase:

[​IMG]

Ethan459625 likes this.
  8. vegassprky
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

vegassprky Loaded Circuits

Is it an XL on steriods?

9. metropolicity

Yup..

it's just a bit wider and thicker with some internal stuff management.

10. Crco

Crco Loaded Pockets

Well, Eric and I were talking.

The EDC and the BCUSA community demographics have some minor overlap. But from a more overarching perspective, they are diametrically-opposed in some collective preferences ... especially those concerning spending higher quantities of money for higher calibre of quality.

The mixed BCUSA reactions did not surprise me. Although I was heartened to see that Eric's Skinths did get exposure to *some* new positive admirers.

11. Smith28

Smith28 Loaded Pockets

Bottom line is no one is making them buy them.. I'm often brought to thinking 90% of criticism these days is usually pent up jealousy.

You said it Metro, haters gonna hate. I didn't realise you were Canadian.. Being a Mountie has been one of my biggest dreams since I was a kid. :) It's one of my fallback options at the moment if I fail to get into the RAF.

12. Makaveli

Makaveli Loaded Pockets

That magnum looks great, let's see if I finally stop having these surprises that haven been eating up my spending money so I can get one

Uncle Sam should pay me more for my skill and services lol

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk

13. Gnarly
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gnarly Loaded Pockets

O0 +1 for metropolicity. O0

From the start, he contacted Jon about a Craftsman's Badge, in order to sell here.

Jon has been SWAMPED with bigger matters, or Eric would have one already.

When I contacted Jon about Eric & the Skinths, he said he was aware but didn't have enough time to work on Badges right now; he was trying instead to keep EDCF up & running. And I'm sure Jon will fix it, when / if he gets caught up. Still don't see how he does it all.

Everything Eric has built me has been outstanding, and well worth the wait....blame that on the mail.

Anybody that don't like Eric or all his Skinths can :-* my Gnarly ....donkey.

14. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

Here's the latest addition to my SkinthXL. A 4" pair of locking pliers.[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from someone's plumbing using Tapatalk

IGetov likes this.
  15. Ady

Ady Loaded Pockets

I've been looking for a new case for my phone and love the look of these. I'd prefer the Skinth Smartphone SP, would these items fit comfortably?

Front main slots:-
    - HTC Desire S
    - Spyderco Bob Terzuola

Side slots:-
    - Titanium Embasy Pen
    - FourSevens Preon 2

From pic's I can see the Pen / Light will be fine but not sure about the Phone / Knife. I'd really appreciate if someone with similar bits of kit could put my mind at ease before I make a purchase.

Cheers!

16. metropolicity

if you are looking to conceal it, the front credit card pocket's bottom can be left open to accomodate the knife's length AND will conceal it.

A large Sebenza sized knife (4.5"):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Even the fattest Boker Bulldog at 5.25" fits:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you fancy to smaller 3.75" knives:

[​IMG]

Since there is no padding, I would suggest having the glass face of the phone face away from the knife.

Hope that helps!

17. Ady

Ady Loaded Pockets

Perfect!, ill be ordering one as soon as I get back from work tonight.

edit - email sent via your website. I'd like one pretty much the same as pictured with the bottom left open and without any belt attachments or clips, just a plain wallet.
    Thanks again

18. TallNHairyDave

TallNHairyDave Loaded Pockets

Nice load out SAKplumber!

Welcome to skinthdom Ady! Good to see a fellow britishblades member becoming a Skinth fanatic :)

19. andix

andix Empty Pockets

I can only hope that Eric will able to keep up with the orders. Given what I see on this site and how many people buy them (yours truly included) I keep my fingers crossed. :) I can't wait to receive my Magnum. And post pictures.

20. Smith28

Smith28 Loaded Pockets

Same here man, I'm going to litter this thread with pics of mine when it comes. :D Cannot wait!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.