1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Skagen Signatur Steel Link

Discussion in 'Watches' started by troutster52, Dec 14, 2017.

1. troutster52

troutster52 Loaded Pockets

Alright folks, I have been looking at a new professional (wear to work or interview) watch for a while. I know I want a metal watch, that looks dressy, but also has some character to it. I like the clean simple look of the Skagen watches, and found one that might be a candidate, the Skagen Signatur Steel Link. Find it here:

http://www.skagen.com/us/en/men/watches/stainless-steel/signatur-steel-link-watch-pdpskw6375p.html?referer=productlisting

Anyone have any opinions on it or experiences with it? I am a bulky guy, and I know some of the minimalist watches look better on small-frame model type people, so I am hesitating. Thoughts?

2. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

As far as how it would look on your wrist, ultimately you'll need to decide. However, this one does not look too 'dainty' or skinny by any means; that bracelet is similar to what you'd find on many 'diver' watches from Rolex, Tudor, Citizen, Seiko, etc etc

One way to perhaps think about the size of the watch on your wrist would be to make a mockup on cardboard of the case -- I see they spec it at 40 mm. Cut it out; put it on your wrist, see what you think. 40 mm is nowhere near the largest these days; but also not as small as back in say the 50's or 60's. And trust me, people do buy vintage watches of that size and wear them even for work!

Skagen are best known both for slim (in terms of case thickness) watches and for bracelets (aka bands) that are custom fit to the case. This one is not that sort, which means you'll be able to change the bracelet if you so desire.

You might want to cruise through the watch selections on Amazon also just to see the dizzying array of what is out there!

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

troutster52 likes this.
  3. twin63

twin63 Loaded Pockets

I had a Skagen several years ago. Not sure of the model, but it was almost exactly like the Signatur Steel - Mesh. It was a gift and, at the time, I wasn't sure I would like the look and the mesh band. After wearing it for a while, I grew quite fond of it. The band was very easy to adjust for a perfect fit and the thinness of the watch made it a great choice when wearing long-sleeved dress shirts. I have average size wrists and never thought it looked too small.

I was actually looking at some leather band Skagens not to long ago to wear to meetings. I like a thinner watch to wear with cuffed shirts.

4. Hammer-V6

Hammer-V6 Loaded Pockets

I love my Skagen. Bought it many years ago at Disney for a decent price. It is all Titanium though. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. troutster52

Thanks team! I bought it!

6. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

@troutster52: congrats! Enjoy and use it in good health for many years!

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

7. troutster52

Here it is with my non-brand non-descript tiny folder which makes for a perfect office companion!

[​IMG]IMG_4342 by Chris Trout, on Flickr