1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Size opinions, please.

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by Coolz, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Gnarly
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gnarly Loaded Pockets

Crimson Trace fanboy, here.
    On each carry gun + nightstand gun.
    And even a Beamshot laser sight on the customized MAV 88 pumpgun.

Of course,I practice without the lasers on, too, just in case they failed....which has never happened.

The laser selling point for me?

She is a great handgun shot.
    She can pick up any gun I own, and soon be shooting it well.
    OR she can pick up any CT-equipped gun I own, and be on-target, center-mass, INSTANTLY.

So I tested this 'theory' on both Sons that shoot, both B'rers, and the Eldest GrandSon.

No test-firing, no figuring out the sight picture, no 'learning curve', just start tearing out a ragged hole in the target.
    Not once, but every time.

Yep. I'm a laserbeliever.

nw1911guy likes this.
  2. Coolz

Coolz Loaded Pockets

Good stuff, guys. The P290 I got actually came with the Sig laser, so I didn't actually go out of my way to purchase one. I've carried it both ways, and I don't mind having it on, to me it doesn't make a huge difference. I will be practicing with and without the laser engaged, but I look at it as a deterrent more than a crutch. It's staying on.

Still in a crappy holster, but have finalized my two choices: Crossbreed MiniTuck or White Hat Holsters MaxTuck. I will be ordering one this afternoon. I'm actually waiting on White Hat to get back to me on availability for the P290 w/laser, as their webpage isn't clear on availability for that combo.

3. Coolz

Coolz Loaded Pockets

CrossBreed MiniTuck now in hand. Wow, what a work of art! Bye, bye Uncle Mikes!

- Coolz

4. JackBauer2218

JackBauer2218 Loaded Pockets

I carry a glock 19 @ 3:00 with an OWB and 4:30 with IWB. I also started carrying a walther PPQ in 9mm. Also concealment is all about the clothing you wear.

5. Sproles

Sproles Loaded Pockets

6. Rocket2012

Rocket2012 Loaded Pockets

My opinion and something I tell all my students is carry the biggest gun you can conceal with most of your everyday clothing. Remember that its better to dress to the gun. Also, although most defensive encounters hapoen at a relatively short distance, having a long enough sight radius to take a longer shot may be helpfull. Carry what you feel will give yiu the best overall combination of accuracy, followup shot capability and ease of concealment. For me, the smallest I will carry is a glock 19 or similar. Hope this helps.

Gnarly likes this.
  7. onebadwagon

onebadwagon Loaded Pockets

I've owned and sold many guns for carry, and the Kahr PM9 is a fantastic little gun. Very easy to shoot, very reliable, and just overall an extremely good gun. The Glock 26 is definitely larger, but can still be carried very easily. I'd say step up to the Glock 19. It's more or less the reference for polymer carry guns. You can get smaller, or higher capacity, or longer sight radius, but it is a very easy to shoot gun whose size makes it easy to conceal. If Glocks just don't blow your skirt up, then check out a springfield XDM 3.8 compact, HK p2000sk, and an officer's size 1911. I wouldn't bother with an LC9. The Kahr CM9 is a much nicer gun and is only a few bucks more. Just remember, if you buy something, carry it for a while, and decide that it's not for you, someone else will be more than happy to buy it and see if it fits them better. With firearms, you're never stuck with one.

Coolz and Gnarly like this.