1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Sitka, Mongo, Fatboy, Jumbo, Colossus,maxpedition support group...lol

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by RFA3, Feb 7, 2010.

1. RFA3

RFA3 Loaded Pockets

like many of you i own lots of bags. all of them serve a purpose, a mongo diaper bag,a fatboy short hike bag, a jumbo gym bag , ect..i recently bought a sitka and it seems a bit tight ,i love the colossus think it might be my favorite,i feel like i'm going a bit bag nuts, i would love a little support...
    [img width=640 height=640]http://i50.tinypic.com/14t4sqc.jpg[/img]
    [img width=640 height=640]http://i46.tinypic.com/20frj9d.jpg[/img]
    [img width=640 height=640]http://i47.tinypic.com/xc9895.jpg[/img]
    [​IMG]
    [img width=640 height=640]http://i45.tinypic.com/b84bib.jpg[/img]

2. Urban Hermit

Urban Hermit EDC Junkie!!!

You need support, and we're here to give it to you. GET MORE BAGS! and we'll support your decision to have a bag, pouch or container for every conceivable situation. :evilgrin:

Seriously. I'm probably just as bag...I mean bad. In the past I've had messenger bags, backpacks and organizers of every description. Then I got a clone of the Maxpedtion Proteus. I used it for about a year then found a small clone of the Maxpedition Fatboy. I carried it a year until I found a local store that carries Maxpedition and 5.11 gear. I bought My 5.11 PUSH Pack just after Christmas and I really do love the bag. But there are times I need to carry a change of clothes and a notebook or two so now I'm waiting for My tax return so I can get a Maxpedition Monsoon Gearslinger.(I have a problem with my left shoulder and can only use single strap bags.) Each of my bags has it's own collection of attachment pouches and filled with very individualized containers.

if you want support for being a gearhead? yup, this is the place. If you're trying to kick the habit (why anyone would I couldn't imagine! :shrug:) then this definitely isn't the place. lol.

3. patroels

patroels Empty Pockets

You forgot to write the magical words:
    "Hi. I'm RFA3 and I'm a bag-oholic"

That would have most of us answering: "Hi RFA3!"

Okay?

;)

4. quadrille

quadrille Loaded Pockets

Well I can offer this, I started with a fatboy, liked it but thought it looked too much like a purse, besides I do like backpacks, what drew me is that is was not so big like a full on backpack. Then I got a magda gearslinger, but it flopped around and never fit well or secure, then they came out with the sitka and I have been using ever since. Like a sling pack. I have a smaller one I use to take my stuff to work in it is a gerber diaper bag you get from the hospital, it is lined so it is waterproof but is black outside with no logos simple and easy, best of all it was free.

Q

5. RFA3

RFA3 Loaded Pockets

HI I'M RFAIII and i am a bag-a-holic ......
    great advice quadrille, my wife is due in june and i have begun to build a baby bug out bag out of a mongo but i will look to score that diaper bag if i see it.. O0

6. quadrille

quadrille Loaded Pockets

Get a sling bag it frees up your hands and allows you to take it off or rotate it around your body. Believe me I have twins you NEED both hands free!

7. RazorOrange

RazorOrange Empty Pockets

Like so many other people on here, I have the same problem: bag addiction. Since becoming a member of this forum I have purchased one right after the other always looking for the perfect one. Problem is, I never end up getting rid of the ones I have! I started with a Remora (too small), went to a Lunada (still too small), ended up with a Malaga, added another one in a different color, added a Monsoon and a Jumbo with a Janus. I just finished a trip across the country and used my Malaga as my carry-on / run around town bag, but now I think I'm going to move to a Sitka. And that doesn't count that I'm in the market for a new backpack for hiking: all in all, just like all of you, my addiction leaves me happy but broke!

Welcome to the club. We'll help you with your addiction...we'll make it worse!

8. RFA3

RFA3 Loaded Pockets

thanx for the support razororange and you are right , this forum has not helped but it sure is alot of fun.I just bought a Kelty Redwing on Ebay to add to my growing family of man bags
    [​IMG]

9. solocanoe

solocanoe Empty Pockets

Maxpedition - M1, M2, M5, Fatboy, Jumbo, Remora, Janus, Sitka, EDC organizer.
    LAPG - organizer, Ammo bag, small bug out bag

still needed more room - wanted to carry more -
    Lunada, Malaga, and Kodiak all bought and sent back (ebags is great about returns) - the bigger bags didn't feel right to me
    I (now) know that it was the single strap for the bigger loads that I didn't like. (for me)

through this WONDERFUL forum:
    Rush 24 solved it all for me - fits all I'd ever need AND eliminated need for a briefcase daily.
    No pouches or pockets hanging off...no one has a clue what's inside.
    Dual straps "yoke system" and my own added "shoulder strap", and I'm finally "good" -
    I gave up (practical use of) CCW access, but I quit carrying in a bag as a primary mode a few years ago.

Rush 72 became my new BOB in January. wanted the comfort/use of it - even if I hope I never have to use it.

Stormtrackers Large UNIKIT still incoming...

lets see...holsters are another WHOLE topic...but looking back, I sure am lucky I "got happy" with a bag
    ...or I'd have needed to rent a mall kiosk to sell 'em off! :rolleyes:

..and I STILL click on every thread on bags on here....! :help: :lolhammer:

10. NAdams65

NAdams65 Empty Pockets

If I have a problem it's because my Fed Ex guy is an enabler!!

I can stop any time I want......

Nate

11. xm8

xm8 Banned

What's your favorite bag in your collection and why?

12. RFA3

RFA3 Loaded Pockets

I think my favorite bag in my collection will be the RUSH 24 i just ordered , i'll post a review when i get it but i have read some great reviews of it, to be honest the bag i use most is my RE-LOAD CIVILIAN COURIER BAG. it holds tons of gear and has never let me down..

13. joejep

joejep Loaded Pockets

Another addict here. Fatboy, Lunada w/Janus, Neatfreak, Aggressor Attache, pouches... Just can't stop. I always think the next one will scratch all of my itches, but that only usually works for about a month. Should have purchased stock in Maxpedition long ago. at least they're cheaper than my handgun fetish. Currently craving a mongo. Good luck to you all.

14. HOMELAND SECURITY HAM

HOMELAND SECURITY HAM Loaded Pockets

Well, I only have one thing to add. Just remember there are seven days in the week and 365 days in the year (except leap year). We support you.

15. ambaal

ambaal Loaded Pockets

We, addicts, always think that our favorite bag would be the one we want to order or just ordered.