1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Single-Wing Wingman

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by babola, Dec 12, 2014.

1. AK Adventurer

AK Adventurer Ice, Ice, Tigre

:rofl:

Meh. Its only 12V. :p

And technically if I'm pulling the fuse, then its blown, so only one side is hot, doubling my chances of not getting it... :D

I also pull on the glass center.
    Carefully.
    Really... ;)

Yeah, OK, it ain't too smart but it works great when I need it done quick and easy.

Yeah, I can never find one when I need it, which tends to be often enough that I've used the package opener a lot for this, yet not often enough to justify having the plastic one on me at all times... I Think there is one in my truck where most of this occurs, but its still faster and easier to use the wingman when its dark and cold and I need to get somewhere soon... so I do.. :rolleyes::oops:

FL Woods Bum likes this.
  2. iangineer

iangineer Loaded Pockets

I'll second the statement that the package opener is my second most used tool, but my first is the scissors.

For me, the package opener and scissors get used 90% of the time instead of the knife and the blade stays sharp for when it's really needed.

The package opener is the best tool I've ever used for cutting zip ties. Just hook it and pull.

3. cowboyarcher

cowboyarcher Loaded Pockets

If any of you with access to the $18 Sidekicks happen to see more and would be willing to ship one to me, I'd take one of them. . . It does not look like I can get them locally (small town).

FL Woods Bum likes this.
  4. T.H.Cone

T.H.Cone I am senor Fluffy, hear me roar

Cowboy, you can order them via their website. Same price as in store. Unless shipping is outrageous (you'd still have to pay $6 for a flat rate USPS box from one of us regardless) it might not be worth the hassle of involving one of us.

If their shipping is stupid expensive, my place still has, according to online inventory- four of them and I'd be happen to grab you one; assuming their inventory is accurate, of course.

cowboyarcher and FL Woods Bum like this.
  5. cowboyarcher

I looked on the site but they are in-store pick-up only. . . If you happen to be going by there that'd be fantastic, but don't let me inconvenience you for something like this. Thanks either way!

T.H.Cone likes this.
  6. MTFatboy
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

MTFatboy Loaded Pockets

It's good of you to offer to help. That retailer's website is weird. They don't offer shipping--only in-store pickup, and you can only order to a store that has the item in stock. Apparently, when you buy from their website, you are really just purchasing it from home at your local store. Billings and Bozeman MT and Gillette and Sheridan WY all showed that they don't carry that item when I tried to buy mine. I think they are waiting for me at the PO for Monday pickup thanks to FL Woods Bum! I wonder if the stores out in ranch country do too little business to stock everything, or if the company felt a deal like that would backfire here. Even the regular price the sidekick is marked down from is about $10 bucks cheaper than you can find or order a sidekick for here!

T.H.Cone likes this.
  7. T.H.Cone

Cowboy, it's not an inconvenience. I'm happy to pick you up one, I was merely suggesting that all other things being equal, ordering direct might be faster and easier. I will be trucking it into town in the AM, so if you, or anybody, wants me to grab them one, let me know before then.

8. cowboyarcher

God bless you sir, I'll drop you a PM.

9. ShadowE

ShadowE Loaded Pockets

It the three stores around my area, the website is really no help. All this stuff is moved up front in a special area for gift time.
    Example, one of the stores did not have any LM in this area through the whole Xmas holiday. One 10 miles south had a couple of cases, another one 10 miles southeast had none.
    The typically mark all these items down a few days before Christmas and then after until they can move items back into inventory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. SMAJ
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

SMAJ Loaded Pockets

okay, I am in need of some advice...how do I get the screwdrivers to fit with that darn tension spring?

dao and AK Adventurer like this.
  11. FL Woods Bum
    • In Omnia Paratus

FL Woods Bum Your Grace!

Use your belt sander to remove some material off the back of the tools. I can shoot you some pics over if you need me to.

dao and AK Adventurer like this.
  12. T.H.Cone

I just watched this video that FWB originally put up and while it has 2nd kind of cool written all over it, does it really make any sense to dump 2.8 million dollars into improving a Sidekick? I mean, come on, really?

Lou_G likes this.
  13. SMAJ
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

SMAJ Loaded Pockets

that would be awesome! I am tapped for the evening. Did everything I could to get the darn things to fit, and this is what I have now:
    [​IMG]
    and a whole lot of frustration!! :mad:

dao, Gilatabar and T.H.Cone like this.
  14. T.H.Cone

It's always good to take a break, SMAJ. You'll get back in the fight in the AM. We know you can do it.

SMAJ likes this.
  15. SMAJ
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

SMAJ Loaded Pockets

LOL! You guys made this mod look so easy! I was sure it would only take a few minutes, just a matter of disassembly and reassembly!! No big, I will definitely not let it beat me!!

dao and T.H.Cone like this.
  16. T.H.Cone

Not me, I'm afraid to take mine apart.

Lou_G and SMAJ like this.
  17. T.H.Cone

Oh, BTW, I can't wait to see how you shoehorn that ratchet in there.:p

dao, Lou_G and SMAJ like this.
  18. FL Woods Bum
    • In Omnia Paratus

FL Woods Bum Your Grace!

Mr. "I carry a wingman!" LOL... To each their own. Now be nice. :p

T.H.Cone, dao, Lou_G and 1 other person like this.
  19. FL Woods Bum
    • In Omnia Paratus

FL Woods Bum Your Grace!

It's easier when you use the left handed ratchet! :p

T.H.Cone and SMAJ like this.
  20. kensington

kensington Loaded Pockets

Very cool! I knew there was a reason as to why I picked up 2 Wingman last summer for $20 a piece, only have 1 sidekick left, gifted the other but am going to swing by local big box tomorrow to see if they have anymore... Unfortunately I am not the DIY guy in any way so this will definitely be a challenge for me.

SMAJ likes this.