1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Single AAA lights with a clicky?

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by laylow, Sep 9, 2011.

1. laylow

laylow Loaded Pockets

I love my Fenix E05, I just wish it had a clicky instead of a twist head. Other than the Streamlight Stylus Microstream, which AAA lights have a clicky switch?

2. bindibadgi

bindibadgi Loaded Pockets

I just re-added my 4-Sevens Preon to my EDC today. I've got a clicky tailcap for that. It's really a nice little light too if you ask me.

I also have a 2-AAA tube for it if the fancy takes me (it does make it somewhat brighter).

3. popedandy

popedandy Loaded Pockets

I did the same thing for my wife. She is very happy with it. The Fenix LD03 is another great looking light. It has three modes and comes standard with a clicky.

Edit: It looks like Fenix may have cancelled the LD03 (per some of the posts on candlepower forums).

4. NeonLights

NeonLights Loaded Pockets

A few years back after reading about it over on CPF, I combined my Streamlight Stylus Microstream body/switch with my Fenix L0D head and it made for a great multi-mode EDC single AAA light. There is probably a current Fenix model or two this could be done with as well. The Streamlight Stylus Microstream has also been recently re-released with a brighter LED.

edit: based on this thread http://edcforums.com/showthread.php/87401-Preon-w-clicky it looks like there are a variety of lights now that can take advantage of the Microstream body/switch to turn a twisty single AAA light into a clicky.

5. Ynos

Ynos Empty Pockets

I have two AAA lights, Liteflux lf2xt and Leatherman S1, that are clicky switch. However, these are not readily available now. You may have to get them on the second hand market.

The only other one that I can think of is the Streamlight Microstream which is still available.

6. AAROSOL

AAROSOL Loaded Pockets

i have a leatherman s2, preon NW, Lumapower Avenger GX, and a cheap tank 007. all with clickies! the only twisty ones i have or use are the SS prevo NW, 4sevens mini aa NW, nitecore ezaaW.

7. Rhaspun

Rhaspun Empty Pockets

Take a look at the Zebralight SC51. Like you I'm looking for a quick and easy light to use. I don't want to twist the head or tail of the light just click on it. After reading and looking around the Zebralight seems to fit the bill for me. It's powerful enough for a 1AA light and it has 3 levels of lighting accessed through a clicky. If I let someone else use it I don't need to run through the various ways of getting to the different outputs. Just click away.

8. Kilovolt

Kilovolt Loaded Pockets

9. AAROSOL

AAROSOL Loaded Pockets

Dude, the OP asked for AAA lights with clickies.

10. AAROSOL

AAROSOL Loaded Pockets

*oops. double post*

11. Flash Owl

Flash Owl Loaded Pockets

Univex might be worth checking out.

Tiablo E3A (i think its called) is a AAA clicky, i dont know much more about it though.

you can get a peak eiger with a momentary tailswitch, twist tighten for constant on.

ive been looking for a AAA clicky light as well. the preon1 seems to be the best option, but im still not sold on it.

12. bladeblabber

bladeblabber Loaded Pockets

i just know people are going to completely dissagree with me on this one but... i dont like my preon 1 at all. I would'nt suggest it. the beam has to much flood and to much of a yellow-ish tint for me. and its just not bright enough for me.

13. Gareth

Gareth Loaded Pockets

Just posted about this in another thread but the Leatherman monarch 300 is a 1xAAA with a reverse clicky tail switch. It's 16 Lumen might not sound like a lot but it really is a usable amount of light for indoors work.