1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Simple on/off light needed

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by speeddemon40, Jul 28, 2020.

1. speeddemon40

speeddemon40 Loaded Pockets

I bought the Lumitop EDC05 about a year ago and it's a great light, but honestly, I don't need 3 brightness settings and a strobe, SOS, beacon, etc...It gets to be very cumbersome in the field to have to switch between them if god forbid you accidentally long press incorrectly or otherwise screw up the default.

Requirements:
    Good deep carry pocket clip
    At least as bright as the EDC05 which I believe is 800 LM
    Top or side activation. Not end cap.
    Can be slightly larger if it helps fit the criteria.

For reference, here is the EDC05
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078MYLY24/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks!

2. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

You might like the ThruNite Neutron 2C V3. It does offer a range of brightness/modes. But here's the neat part: just pressing and holding the side button and it will continuously either increase or decrease the light output (depends on which 'endpoint' it started from... until you decide you're getting the light output you want and take your finger off the button.

It is a USB rechargeable device. ThruNite of course has other products; some of them may (I said may; I don't have that much knowledge of their other products) also be of interest....

Here also is a review by Nick Shabazz (no, I am NOT a shill for Nick! I just like him...!) that can give you more of an understanding: he also reviewed another Thrunite product:

Hope this helps you out!

Am Yisrael Chai!

Moshe ben David

3. speeddemon40

speeddemon40 Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the recommendation! I'll check them out. I think I may need to go to a twist style activation to get what i'm looking for.