1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

simple keychains Show me your pictures

Discussion in 'Keychain Tools' started by billybeans, Apr 2, 2013.

1. lowindo

lowindo Loaded Pockets

Yes, I bent it a little wider so that it fit easily on my jeans and then a year or two of daily carry, I think ,has bent it open a little wider. I prefer it more open and loose like this as compared to being clipped tight on my pocket.

But I do like it. If anything with my keys I'd like to add a flat brass split ring and change more or all my keys over to brass keys.

2. Brules

Brules Loaded Pockets

I made some Kydex clips for my keychains.
    They're not very strong, but simple and effective.

[​IMG]

3. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

Oops! Sorry for being late with this pic.

Here's my simple set-up:

Polished S.S. gate clip. It looks like a Wichard but it's not from that company. Rat-tail lanyard made by simply making progressive knots using one 27-inch narrow shoe-lace folded in half with the plastic ends cut off. Followed by aluminum Sea-to-Summit miniature carabiner that you get when you buy their spork or their set of utensils (Spoon, fork, knife). To be honest, don't like eating with aluminum utensils on a daily basis. But once in a rare while is okay. Then you have a small key-ring with a minimalist set-up as well. Keys to front door, mailbox, large Scuba pill-fob useful for carrying a variety of small emergency items. And easily the best coin-cell light ever made, the Photon Freedom.

Been using this set-up for nearly a year now. Gate clip clips to the belt loop just above my right front-pocket of my pants. This allows everything to hang inside the pocket. Ironically, without measuring, cutting off the shoe-lace plastic ends, folding the lace in half, then evenly knotting it produces a length that hangs perfectly. The very end of the lace, right before the carabiner starts, actually goes into the pocket. With the gate clip and shoe-lace length vertically just above the pocket seam.

Only disadvantages are that the gate clip is quite heavy and sags the belt loop, being stainless steel. Also, I think it's too bright. The carabiner lately has felt too wide. I do plan on trying out a new set-up similar to this one. I have a County Comm Ti carabiner with brass threaded closure to replace the gate clip. The Sea-to-Summit will be replaced by a cheap but long chromed keychain clip. Should solve the current small disadvantages. (Though I'm not going to destroy my current set-up. Just going to unclip the key-ring from it. If I like the old set-up better, going back will be very easy.)

BTW.... Thought about a one-piece dangler. Might still get one. Perhaps Atwood Hangman or the H.L. Human Pelican Clip (rather thin, so more likely the S.S. version instead of the brass). I'm just a bit paranoid that a one-piece, open, dangler could turn around on the belt loop and fall out. Most likely in my pocket. But maybe out my pocket if I'm running for the bus or something similar. And that would be a huge headache. So, I like clips that close completely.

BTW, the knotted shoe-lace has been going very strong for all these months. No fraying at all.

[​IMG]

Last edited by Monocrom, Sep 25, 2015
    Bowman1911 and Brtsmpsn like this.
  4. Tony Sal

Tony Sal EDC Junkie!!!

Love ya guys~ but why you have fishin lures on a KC where you just have your basics got me more confused than usual lol!

5. Tony Sal

Tony Sal EDC Junkie!!!

If anyone wants a small but stainless high quality little pill fob. First pm can have it- trade something back if you want...
    @value = 20

Weirdo, masonshin1 and Brtsmpsn like this.
  6. Hartigan
    • In Omnia Paratus

Hartigan EDC Junkie!!!

Willy, NelsonIII, Gary Gross and 11 others like this.
  7. Ironside

Ironside Loaded Pockets

8. Evan03

Evan03 Loaded Pockets

Here is mine in my everyday mode, I have other items when I know what activities I'm doing, e.g Sailing or MACTS
    [​IMG]

lel'd

9. BlackBeardActual

BlackBeardActual Loaded Pockets

10. Sriracha

Sriracha Loaded Pockets

Lol. That's not simple! 1 key and 7 tools !! But I acutallly have that biner in the mail coming to me! Lol.

11. polonium9

polonium9 EDC Junkie!!!

This is my only keychain. It used to be on a carabiner on a belt loop, but I needed a different system.
    [​IMG]
    I knew how to braid that simple thing. I like it, but I may do a Square Sinnet braid, just to make it smaller.
    It's great, I can hold my keys in my mouth now while I do something.

keys consist of Titlist Golf Bag zipper fob I found in Florida, Streamlight Nano, House Key, LM Brewzer (come in hand more times than I can count), Mail key and pill fob.
    Is it simple? I can't live without all of them, so it's not an option to make it smaller...

12. Tony Sal

Tony Sal EDC Junkie!!!

Except for the dog tag to ID myself, I use all of my items (9) almost daily, 10 would be the fire starter pendant- no need for any fires right now :/

masonshin1 and Brtsmpsn like this.
  13. BlackBeardActual

BlackBeardActual Loaded Pockets

:p Simple enough for me.. in that it is just devices hanging out together in a somewhat organized fashion. Not cluttered considering..

I find it very functional and quick to "deploy" especially compared to most all options out there. [no fumbling and digging]

Funny It's my 3rd biner by them, I gifted my wife and brother last ones and the principle of a d-ring locking everything in pocket or purse has now spread family wide to her parents, all my brothers and both our coworkers all rock the cheap d-rings.

I prefer the actual climb rated carabiners always for many reasons. The colors don't immediately fade and bleed on your pockets, it doubles as functional in an emergency where a 'biner' is needed, prettier design:spin:

You'll love it if it's the exact same model ... no sharp edges in clasp and the design is super smooth and easy to pop in and out of pockets over all the kinds I've used over the years.
    I grew to hate the ones pictured below and as an avid climber I love these for size, light weight, and cool new anodized colors... and yes, fairly cheap too!

These :censored: and don't clasp material well ... for instance, with one of my suit pockets it torn the fabric.
    [​IMG]
    I found these some years ago. The small one is what I carry and it does beautifully in fine fabric suits or thick jean pockets. PS. sorry for the book report :giggle:
    [​IMG]

14. grrradical

grrradical Loaded Pockets

15. fishrule

fishrule Empty Pockets

Nothing fancy, I just carry a cheap Fenix E01 and a Wenger Handyman.

[​IMG]

16. jds1

jds1 Loaded Pockets

17. johnny five

johnny five Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Playing around with my work keys if I like this set up I'm sure you'll see a full copper version maybe even ti. I had a left over Lm can opener from my new LM mod . I'll use it as a box opener and string cutter

Bowman1911, rioredgt, SMAJ and 3 others like this.
  18. Brtsmpsn
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Brtsmpsn Oh, Canada!

Very cool J5.

johnny five likes this.
  19. johnny five

johnny five Loaded Pockets

I get bored and really dislike my work keys. Thought I'd make them as small as possible with a function. Since the owner dislikes the fact I always have more than one knife on me and refuse to use the box opener ' s provided to us. This is my fix.
    Thanks brt. I'm still going to keep my pockets full. Iam known around work as the trouble maker because I don't bow down and kiss people's butt :giggle:

Doraemon and Brtsmpsn like this.
  20. Brtsmpsn
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Brtsmpsn Oh, Canada!

The world needs trouble makers, without them there would be no innovation.

SMAJ, Doraemon and johnny five like this.