1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Simple 18mm dia. 2 AA flashlight w/ clip on larger end?

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by WillAdams, Feb 26, 2017.

1. WillAdams

WillAdams Loaded Pockets

Trying to work up an EDC flashlight --- need for it to fit in a loop which a 2x AA Mini Maglite will just fit in --- the problem is the lack of a clip and I'd rather store the flashlight with the light end down.

The ideal would be a simple 18mm cylinder (maybe with some light knurling) and a clip at the handle end. I would like for the design to be as plain / unornamented as possible.

LED would be okay, so long as it starts up at minimum brightness.

Alternately, suggestions on how I could fasten a Mini Maglite upside down in a sleeve but allow it to be extracted w/o too much fiddling?

2. Ken Watson

Ken Watson Loaded Pockets

steeps and WillAdams like this.
  3. WillAdams

WillAdams Loaded Pockets

That it is! (The Inova X1 is pretty cool too!) looks as if I'd custom-designed it. On order next!

steeps likes this.
  4. WillAdams

WillAdams Loaded Pockets

Thanks again!

The Four Sevens Mini M2A is exactly what I described and needed --- fits in the slot on my bag as if it were made to be there, and the eminently sensible functionality (switch on at low, then work up through medium to bright, then cycle through a second time to get strobe) is perfect for my needs.

I give up though --- what are the O rings for?