1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Sighted my new Ruger 10/22 stainless... Sweet!

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by swampinboy, Jun 13, 2010.

1. swampinboy

swampinboy Loaded Pockets

I picked up a Ruger 10/22 a few months back with a bushnell scope. Being that it will be a target/fun/varmit gun I decided on the Stainless, Matte finish All weather unit with a silver coated scope. Its not the prettiest piece, but very accurate and fun! Put in a 1 1/2 group time after time at 50yds. I thought it was decent for a rookie such as myself. I will see if I can post some pics soon. Also put a few rounds through the S&W 640, another fun piece...

2. DemskeetSkeet

DemskeetSkeet Loaded Pockets

Congrats on the wonderful shooting results and a fine firearm.

I remember my Ruger 10/22. A little more than yours, hammer forged bull barrel, laminated stock, etc.

Now all you need is a Mark III Hunter to match and coincide with the rifle. I outfitted mine with a simmons pistol scope and it's just as accurate as my 10/22.

Enjoy and be safe.

Take care
    -Matt

3. powernoodle

powernoodle Loaded Pockets

My Ruger SR-22, which is basically a 10/22 pretending to be something else:

[​IMG]

4. Firedrow

Firedrow Loaded Pockets

I love to shoot my Henry US Survival Rifle. I keep it collapsed in my truck. I will occasionally carry it in my backpack when hiking or geocaching in the woods.

5. DemskeetSkeet

not to go off topic or hijack this thread, but what kind of accuracy are you getting with the survival rifle?

I love the look of the SR-22 but it is way to heavy with the barrel shroud. Great shooter and great look though.

That's probably why you have the Bi-pod on it.

6. jackknife

jackknife Loaded Pockets

Big congrats on a very nice rifle, swampiinboy. The Ruger is a handy rifle to have around, and a good .22 rifle is a very versitile piece of eqiuptment that can handle a wide range of jobs in an emergency. Not to mention it's low cost to shoot in relation to other guns. With a modest cost in practice, you can get really really good with it, and a .22 does a lot of damage.

7. RubberToRoad

RubberToRoad Loaded Pockets

My fiance (wife on Saturday) has a 10/22 she has never shot. Its got the satin finish. Looking to buy a very moderately priced scope for it. Any suggestions? It will be used strictly for plinking. Only requirement is that it has 1/4 MOA adjustments. She wants me to teach her how to adjust a scope for various ranges and a 50/100 yard adjustment should do for that. Going to use my old sighting in targets from when I was "squad marksmen" and let her learn to do it herself.

Wal-Debil has a scope that has a lighted reticle for around $60 but I don't recall the brand. Adjustable magnification and 1/4 MOA adjustment. Figured it would do the job but always looking for options.

8. Firedrow

Firedrow Loaded Pockets

Can't send PMs yet, so I will reply here. Not trying to hijack thread, just wanted to make sure to respond.

I haven't measured the shot pattern, but it groups well. I remember placing an empty Coke can in the crook of a tree and then shooting from 15-20 yards away. Two clips were emptied, and every shot was in the can. The hole sights seem a little junky at first, but they've been dead on so far. I was looking at Henry's site yesterday and saw they updated the US Survival Rifle, looks like they reinforced the stock some. My Henry is stuffed with what appears to be styrofoam, but that is probably what makes it floatable.

9. DemskeetSkeet

Thanks!

Now back to the original topic....

10. scottz0369

scottz0369 Empty Pockets

Great choice! I bought a 10/22 years ago because my Mini-14 was getting too expensive to shoot. Much to my surprise, the 10/22 quickly became my favorite rifle!
    Have fun!

11. newtothis

newtothis Loaded Pockets

HEY where is the picture of the target with one big hole in it?

12. Pointman

Pointman Loaded Pockets

I love my 10/22 and I'm in the process of upgrading it to use for tactical practice....hopefully have some pics up soon.

The one thing i would love to do is have the barrel shortened and then machined to accept a flash hider...except I dont have the slightest idea who and where to go to get such a project done. Right now I have a new Tapco stock and Magpul MBUS sights as well as a Magpul angle foregrip...looks real nice, but it would be even nicer with a shorter barrel and flashhider.

13. DemskeetSkeet

you'd be better off ordering a custom barrel with a threaded end:

http://www.tacticalsol.com/products/22-lr-conversions?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=120&category_id=22&keyword=10/22

Price may seem high to some but the weight is cut back dramatically and it is machined for accuracy and durability.

14. Pointman

Pointman Loaded Pockets

Looks real nice..and I dont think it's too much when compared to other bull barrels...but I would then also need to update and replace the T6 stock set for the newer one which will allow the thicker barrel.