1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Sig Sauer P320 Compact

Discussion in 'Gear Reviews' started by klepto, Jul 6, 2016.

1. klepto

klepto Loaded Pockets

Pros:
    1.) The P320 is very accurate! It makes a novice like myself look good if I stick to the fundamentals.
    2.) The grip is one of the best I've tried, no need for enhancements.
    3.) The slide is easy to manipulate for press checks or field strips.
    4.) The sites are dead on and have a nice shelf for one handed manipulations.
    5.) The modularity of the weapon is excellent and you can tailor it to your needs.
    6.) The Trigger is absolutely one of the best I've used so far. The pull of the trigger is short and so is the reset. The trigger shoe shape reduces fatigue and makes it a joy to shoot!

Cons: 1.) There is too much muzzle rise and that is distracting. You need a second or so to realign your site to where you were shooting. This is one of the biggest cons so far.
    2.) The polymer used seems to be cheap and you can easily mar the gun with basic usage. The take down lever after a bit of use will show visible wear on the frame.
    3.) Its a bit heavy and its heaviness doesn't even help to keep the muzzle from jumping.
    4.) The frame got noticeably warmer than I've felt before on other guns after shooting only 100 rounds at the range. This may have to do with con #2.
    5.) The take down lever SUCKS! After locking the slide back the lever would not move where its needed to field strip the gun. I had to apply a crazy amount of force to get it move into position. The take down lever is too :censored: BIG. You can use it as a shelf depending on how you grip the gun.

I plan on keeping the gun even with the noted annoying cons because I enjoy shooting it. So much so I regretted only bringing 100 rounds to the range today. I don't own a PPQ(yet) so I can't compare the triggers. After I purchase the PPQ M2, I'll come back with some afterthoughts.

[​IMG]

chaosmagnet likes this.
  2. chaosmagnet
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

chaosmagnet Loaded Pockets

Good review.