1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Sig Sauer Legion Series P229

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by 0dBm, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Pepsi Jedi

Pepsi Jedi Loaded Pockets

You mean in the holster... that you bought for someone elses gun... and have been wearing their gun.. after you not only paid for a holster for their gun but to have said holster modified?

Odbm... I'm not exactly sure why you're going to this extent to perpetuate your lie, bit it's going past amusing and into a sort of 'Troubling' category. Don't you have something better to do?

For reference the Decock lever is actually smaller than the standard. It's not going to cause excessive wear. Much less in 10 days. lol. Nor are the G10 grips going to wear down in 10 days.

Keep on just making stuff up though. It seems to give you joy.

2. 0dBm

0dBm Loaded Pockets

The rails dictated widening of the holster. The stitching was removed just enough allow spacers to be installed so that the firearm can be inserted. There are no commercially available leather OWB holsters that I could find that met the criteria that I set for concealment. I doubt that a major holster maker will make one for this. Kydex seems to be the popular choice for this firearm.

3. 0dBm

0dBm Loaded Pockets

I ran a few more hundred rounds through it of various bullet types, weights, and loadings. As expected, there have been no malfunctions of any kind. It is about as reliable as it can be based on just the ~500 rounds that have been fired. I'll have my armorer do a complete dismantle and inspection to ascertain any peculiarities of the internal components.

4. 0dBm

0dBm Loaded Pockets

What is quite disconcerting is the smaller dimensions of both the decocking and slide release controls. During fast reloads using the slide release, I lost about .2 seconds because I had to depress 2-3 times on that control to release the slide. NOT a good thing! These need to be the original dimensions.

Critical controls such as these NEED to be larger. The original Browning Hi-Power had that pimple-sized thumb safety that made deactivating it quite difficult. Most modern 1911s have a larger thumb safety. Although the Sig decock and slide release controls are not thumb safeties, they NEED to be larger on this model to facilitate more efficient functionality.

5. 0dBm

0dBm Loaded Pockets

The Short Reset Trigger (SRT) is a very good improvement. I intend to install it on my 1st-gen P229. This is the best feature of this model and should be made (if not already) standard on all Sig Sauer models of this type. I am now curious about the single action only trigger of the P226 SAO since I am a long-time 1911 user.

6. 0dBm

0dBm Loaded Pockets

I'll have the stock Sig rear sights replaced with a low-profile Novak tritium bar model. I don't care for the tritium two-dot version. The profile of the Novak design largely prevents the snagging that I addressed earlier. I have this product installed on my own P229.

The front sight is of little if any concern regarding clothing snag since it will be covered by the holster. It has excellent visibility!

7. Pepsi Jedi

Pepsi Jedi Loaded Pockets

Lots of words... but again... this isn't your gun. Why are you putting so much money into it Odbm? Do you routinely modify other people's firearms for your specifications? Or have custom gear built for them, and or send other people's guns off to your armorer?

8. Chris_1001

Chris_1001 Loaded Pockets

My head is going to explode...

How about a picture of said wear?

0dBm you have said several times you are competent in gunsmithing, yet you need your armorer to examine it?

Why are you carrying, shooting and modifying a gun that is not yours?