1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Sig 238

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by Buckeye Jake, Feb 25, 2018.

1. Buckeye Jake

Buckeye Jake Loaded Pockets

Its time to have a thread on the sig 238s, 938s, colt mustangs , kimber micros and now the springfield 911s.
    Colt started it with the mustangs , not exactly. Starr had been making the model d for a few years . Look them up for reference. Colt had discontinued the fine 1903 and 1908 right after ww11. When they decided to bring back a pocket gun .The cost of making these fine old pistols would have been way to high . So they went to the fine old maker in spain to buy parts and assemble them here . A hybrid of sorts . This was way before the 380s took off as a ccw pistol . The mustangs didnt sell great. My friend still has one . I should have bought the all stainless model . Fast forward to sig . They didnt have a pocket 380 . I believe they paid colt to bring it out , but who knows ? It took a while for even sig to get them working a 100 %. As soon as they brought out a all stainless model. The 238 hd ,I bought one . Night sights , endless grip options. good trigger pulls. You can rack the slide to load or unload with the safety on. Very accurate. Easy to take down. A very easy to rack slide .
    I have shot a bunch of them . Right now four companies have them out .
    Sig took it a step further, 9mm. Kinber following soon after. When and if sig brings out a 938s hd , I will own one ! !.
    The magazines are mostly interchangeable between guns in their respective calibers.
    I use kimber 380 mags in my hd . Why ? 21 dollars vs maybe 40 for the sigs.
    Now they are not a 1911 , a gun made to look like one .
    Anyone like them ? Someone must or Springfield would have brought out the 911 model .
    Flat , thin and small .

Jake

2. Yablanowitz

Yablanowitz Loaded Pockets

Just out of curiosity, what does this have to do with knives?

3. Buckeye Jake

Got it in the wrong one sorry. Maybe they can move it .

Jake

4. SOS24

SOS24 Loaded Pockets

I really like my Sig P938. It is a great gun for pocket or deep concealment when something bigger might be seen.

CLR likes this.
  5. les snyder

les snyder Loaded Pockets

I had a Mustang Pocket Lite... mine was more accurate than several other versions of Mustangs I shot... I did not like the way the safety allowed the hammer to drop to the sear... I carried mine with an empty chamber...at the time I was looking for tiny, and sold it off and got a couple of the polymer long DAO KelTecs..

6. Wishoot

Wishoot Loaded Pockets

I believe Springfield Armory is coming out with their version soon.

That being said, I'm not a huge fan of pocket pistols in general. Too ammo sensitive (at least in my experience). I do have an LCP that get's carried on occasion, but I've been toting my J-frame around more often lately. It's been 100% reliable. Otherwise, it's my Shield.

7. Chris_1001

Chris_1001 Loaded Pockets

I have a Sig P238 and its a fine gun. But my plan is to sell it as it has been replaced first by a Glock 42 then by a Glock 43. My Glock 43 will probably be replaced by my 9mm Colt Defender. I was tempted to go with the P938, but jumped on the G43 instead..

Once I'm sure the Defender will prov to be reliable, prob be my go to for carry.

I'm a big fan of 1911's. So the Sigs and Colt are my personal favorites. But you cant argue with the G42/G43's

My .02

8. McNasty

McNasty Loaded Pockets

9. Buckeye Jake

Thanks for the pix . The Springfield is advanced over the rest of pack with a slightly improved trigger . Larger slide grooves and larger extractor external. Also a ambidextrous safety. Flat , thin .

Jake

10. ca survivor

ca survivor Loaded Pockets

I have one of the early 238s my only .380, it was going to the Dr. gun, I haven't shot it much but I remember it was very accurate, the big sights on it must help.

11. spapa

spapa Empty Pockets

Come on, you do know people do make mistakes!! Get off your f’ing high horse. And yes this I really late but it is still worth saying..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glock19er and ca survivor like this.
  12. les snyder

les snyder Loaded Pockets

at the range Friday, an RO that is a former Pinellas County Sheriff's Deputy said he got two shots out of his new P365 and the firing pin broke.... be sure to give your carry pistols a reasonable test evaluation

13. Buckeye Jake

Yea , never trust a new design untill you have fired several hundred rounds

Jake

14. cj797

cj797 Loaded Pockets

I've got a SA 911, had about 150 rounds through it and I'm getting a bunch of fail to feeds with it. I like the gun, but I'm not thrilled. Maybe it needs to wear the ramp a bit or break-in a little more.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

15. Tarponfly49

Tarponfly49 Loaded Pockets

Love my Sig 938 SAS. Favorite carry for sure!

surefire7 and CLR like this.
  16. Deep Sea Ginger

Deep Sea Ginger Loaded Pockets

I have Sigs p238 and it is by far my favorite hand gun for both CC and just for shooting at the range. so much punch for such a little fun, plus you can hide it basically anywhere.

17. Jeff Sprankle

Jeff Sprankle Loaded Pockets

My wife carries a Kimber Micro .380 in Stainless. It's a very accurate pistol and perfect for her little hands. Every once in a while, I carry in IWB and it absolutely disappears. We've got several hundred rounds through and not a single failure. (sorry for the stock photo)

[​IMG]

Buckeye Jake likes this.
  18. nicknapp

nicknapp Loaded Pockets

My wife has this beautiful, engraved 938 with rosewood grips. It's a sweet little gun... [​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Buckeye Jake likes this.
  19. Glock19er

Glock19er Loaded Pockets

Reached the 500 rd point today with my 938. Perfect so far. [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Buckeye Jake likes this.
  20. kensington

kensington Loaded Pockets

My wife has a Sig P938 Rosewood with the Hogue grips, she shoots it well but after 2 or 3 mags she is done. Not my favorite to shoot either but the size is nice. If I had some disposable income I would look into a P238.