1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Shrinking boots

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by aphex2k, Jun 24, 2019.

1. aphex2k

aphex2k Loaded Pockets

Just got a lovely pair of Rossi work boots. Used their size chart but when they arrived they feel a little on the large size around the toes. I could send them back and drop down a size but living the other side of Australia this will take a couple of weeks.

I've read anou thicker insoles, and soaki g the boot and wearing thrm wet apparently leather will shrink as it dries. Anyone any experience of doing this, or should I just send thrm back and drop a size? I'm worried that ordering the 12s they might turn up too small or a bit too tight? Reckon I could drop half a size by soaking them and allow g them to dry while wearing them?

2. neo71665

neo71665 Loaded Pockets

Yep have done it many times. I have really narrow feet and my left foot is about half a size smaller than my right. Soaking then wearing dry is about the only way short of full custom I can get a good fit. Haven't done it on that brand.

3. aphex2k

aphex2k Loaded Pockets

Yeah just tried both on. I can't see that soaking thrm will get thrm much better fit, I need to size down. Which is a pain as I'm in Western Australia and have to send thrm back to the other side of the country, and wait for the new size to be sent back. Might just order the 12s as a new purchase actaully then don't have to wait too long. Bummer huh.

4. aphex2k

aphex2k Loaded Pockets

Decided against shrinking them and just re-ordered the size down. Pending "what's on your feet" post shortly!